Aakash Mehta is an Indian stand-up comedian, gamer, writer, and musician. He also records various podcasts and has featured in a documentary as well.
Aakash Mehta was born in 1993 (age 27 years; as of 2020), and he hails from Mumbai, Maharashtra. He pursued Bachelor of Laws from the University of Mumbai. Thereafter, he pursued a Diploma in Sound and Audio Engineering from SAE Institute, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Aakash Mehta’s father, Asit C. Mehta, is the Founder of Asit C. Mehta Investment Intermediates Ltd and his mother, Deena Mehta, is the Managing director of Asit C. Mehta Investment Intermediates Ltd. His brother’s name is Aditya Mehta.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Not much is known about his relationships.
Although it was his brother Aditya Mehta who introduced Aakash to stand-up comedy by gifting him 13 seasons of ‘Comedy Central Presents,’ a DVD series of stand-up comedy, but Aakash got motivated to try his hand at stand-up comedy when he received a compliment from a ‘pretty girl’ whom he addresses as ‘just friend.’ In an interview, he said,
I knew I occasionally made people crack up with my jokes, but it was only after she complimented me that I started doing more open mics. I then continued because I genuinely fell in love with the art.”
Motivated by the compliment, he performed stand-up for the first time at Sophia College at a collegiate festival, ‘Kaleidoscope.’ Around 2010 or 2011, Aakash signed up for his first open mic. In an interview, while describing his debut open mic he said,
I stepped out and walked into this room, the venue of the open mic and I was blown away! It was a room full of exuberant life, of people talking, drinking and laughing. It’s been a love story ever since; I found comedy.”
On 31 August 2015, he uploaded his first stand-up video, a comedy set on ‘New Relationships’ on his YouTube channel.
Thereafter, he uploaded various stand-up comedy videos, like Break-Ups & Shopping With GF, Having Kids in India, Sex Education, etc. on his YouTube channel. In 2018, Aakash Mehta starred in a documentary ‘Ab Mujhe Funny Banna Hai,’ directed by Sumedh Natu. The documentary showcases the struggles & hardships of a stand-up comedian when he is off-stage.
In 2018, Aakash Mehta, along with his friend, Navin Noronha, started a podcast, Varta Lab, in which they invited their friends and acquaintances to interview them. He also recorded a Varta Lab podcast with her mother, Deena Mehta who is a businesswoman, a social activist, and was the first woman president of the Bombay Stock Exchange.
His other podcasts, Cricket podcast, and AMF podcast are uploaded on his YouTube channel, KuchBhiMehta. He is also a live streamer of games, like Grand Theft Auto, Ludo, and Cricket19. In 2020, he appeared in an advertisement of the car ‘ŠKODA RAPID TSI.’
- Food: Surmai Fry (Malvani Food) and Italian Cuisine
- Comedian(s): Jerrod Carmichael, Dave Chappelle, Mitch Hedberg, Mike Birbiglia
- Bollywood Film: Dil Chahta Hai
- Song: The Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)
- Aakash studied in a Gujarati Medium school until 4th grade. Surprisingly, he attended this Gujarati-medium school in Mumbai where the Marathi language is in dominance.
- Earlier, Aakash aspired to be a musician and also pursued an online songwriting course from Berklee College of music. In an interview, he said,
Music has a strong sense of emotion to it, comedy does not. I’ve personally never felt the need to combine the two.’
- Unlike other comedians who write scripts for their stand-up sets, Aakash never follows a pattern or script. In an interview, he said,
I never have a script in mind. In the last four years I haven’t written down a single joke”
- Despite being a stand-up comedian who often performs before hundreds of people, Aakash is a victim of social anxiety. As contradictory as it sounds, the comedian has faced this problem ever since he was in junior college. He used to feel threatened by his fellow classmates and he reciprocated this feeling by behaving rudely and arrogantly. As a result, he grew up with limited friends. With time, Aakash turned his fears into his defence mechanism and he often talks about it in his interviews.