Aditya Narayan Jha is an Indian singer, music composer, television host, and actor. He is the son of the Bollywood singer Udit Narayan. He has sung songs in more than 16 different Indian languages.
Aditya Narayan was born on 6 August 1987 (age 33 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Leo.
He did his schooling from Mumbai’s Utpal Shanghvi School and went to Mitthibai College of Commerce to pursue his graduation in commerce. Thereafter, he went to Tech Music Schools, London to pursue a Diploma in English Contemporary Music.
Since Aditya hails from a family with a musical background, he was inclined towards music at a very young age. He sang a song at his 4th birthday and was spotted by Kalyanji Virji Shah who offered him to sing at the concert called “Little Wonders.” Narayan performed for the “Little Wonders” troupe at the Filmfare Award Function (1995) and was spotted by the producer and director Subhash Ghai who signed him for his film “Pardes.” He further appeared as a child artist in the film “Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai” starring Salman Khan and Twinkle Khanna.
Aditya performed in more than 100 songs as a child artist and released an album titled “Aditya.” His most loved song was Chhota Baccha Jaan Ke from the film Masoom in 1996. He received the Screen Awards critics’ Best Child Singer and a special jury award at the Screen Awards as best child singer for the song.
Height (approx.): 5’ 6”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Aditya Narayan belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, Udit Narayan, is a playback singer. His mother’s name is Deepa Narayan. His grandfather, Hari Krishna Jha, was a singer and his grandmother, Bhuvaneshwari Jha, is also a singer.
Since his debut film, Shaapit (2010), Aditya has been in a relationship with actress Shweta Agarwal, and both were slated to tie the knot by the end of 2020. In an interview, while talking about Shweta, Aditya said,
I met Shweta on the sets of ‘Shaapit’ and we hit it off instantly. Slowly and gradually, I realised I was head-over-heels in love and started pursuing her. Initially, she wanted to be ‘just friends’, because we were both very young and needed to focus on our careers. Like every relationship, we have seen a lot of ups-and-downs over the last 10 years. Marriage is just a formality between us now, which hopefully should also happen by November or December. My parents know Shweta and like her a lot. I am happy that I have found my soulmate in her.”
Aditya Narayan started his career as a television host in the reality TV singing show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.” In 2009, he made his debut in Bollywood as a lead actor with the film “Shaapit.” Aditya gave his voice to 4 songs in the film and he also wrote and composed the title track ‘Shaapit Hua’ of the film. Next, he joined Sanjay Leela Bhansali as an assistant director for the film “Ram Leela.” He also sang two songs for the film which included “Tattad Tattad” and “Ishqaun Dhishqyaun.”
In 2014, Narayan released his first independent single “Tu Hi Pyar Hai” featuring Gabriella Demetriades. In the same year, he created a band called “The A Team.” Aditya has hosted a number of seasons of the singing reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.” He has also appeared as a host on the reality show ‘X Factor’ on Sony Entertainment Television.
In 2019, Aditya participated in the ninth season of the Colors’ TV reality show “Khatron Ke Khiladi” and ended up becoming the runner up of the show.
- Aditya was suspended from the Mitthibai College in Mumbai after he was found misbehaving with the security guards.
- On 2 October 2017, Aditya was on his way back to Mumbai from Raipur along with 5 more people when they were stopped at the Raipur airport for carrying the excess baggage. Aditya carried excess baggage of 40 kg due to which he was asked to pay INR 13,000. The singer refused to pay the amount and started misbehaving with the female staff and Duty Manager. He even abused the staff members of the Indigo airlines. However, later he apologized to the ground staff after which he was provided with the boarding card.
- On 12 March 2018, he was arrested by the Versova Police for allegedly ramming his Mercedes-Benz into an auto rickshaw, injuring the driver and a woman passenger. He was later released on bail.
- Food: Mom’s Cooked Food, Burger, Pasta
- Singer: Shaan
- Hobbies: Gymming, Travelling, Playing the Guitar