Akshaye Khanna is an Indian actor. His nickname is Akshoo. Let us find out some more interesting details about him.
Akshaye was born on 28 March 1975 (age 44; as in 2019) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He went to Lawrence School, Lovedale, Tamil Nadu. After finishing his school, he enrolled in H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai for his graduation.
He learnt acting from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai. After polishing his acting skills, he debuted in the Bollywood industry with the film “Himalay Putra” (1997) in which he was paired opposite Anjala Zaveri. This film was produced by his father Vinod Khanna.
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 70 kg
Body Measurements: 40′ Chest, 32′ Waist, 12′ Biceps
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriends
Akshaye Khanna was born into a Khatri Family to Vinod Khanna, former actor and politician, and Geetanjali Khanna, model.
He is the younger brother of Rahul Khanna, who is an actor too.
Kavita Khanna is his step-mother and he is half-brother to Sakshi Khanna, an actor and Shraddha Khanna.
Though he is not married, however, he has had a few relationships. In 1995, he was going out with Neha.
He was rumoured to be dating Aishwarya Rai.
He was also dating Riya Sen for sometime.
He was even engaged to Tara Sharma but it did not work out; so, they broke up and parted their ways.
Akshaye Khanna came into the limelight when he bagged the role of 2nd Lt. Dharamvir Singh Bhan in “Border” (1997), a film about the “Battle of Longewala” during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
In his next release “Gandhi, My Father” (2007), he played the character of Harilal Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi‘s eldest son, which is considered one of his most commendable performances.
In 2016, he was relaunched in Bollywood with the movie “Dishoom” in which he worked alongside John Abraham, Varun Dhawan, and Jacqueline Fernandez. Next, Akshaye was seen in the biographical film “The Accidental Prime Minister” (2019) representing the role of Manmohan Singh’s former media adviser Sanjaya Baru.
- In 1990, Akshaye became the limelight of a controversy when he and Karisma Kapoor were shooting for a magazine and he was holding Karisma in an inappropriate manner.
- In 2013, he lodged a complaint against Satyabrata Chakravarty and his wife Sona, president and director of Intech Images Private Ltd., for deceiving him of ₹50 lakh. They made a commitment to him that the money would be invested in the commodity market and will double it in 45 days.
- Best Debut Male for the film “Border” (1998)
- Best Supporting Actor for the film “Dil Chahta Hai” (2002)
- Best Performance in the movie “Gandhi, My Father” (2007)
He also owns a lot of luxury vehicles that include fancy sedans and SUVs. His car collection includes BMW, Rewa (Eco-friendly electric car).
He earns ₹2-3 Crore per movie.
- He enjoys eating Pizza, Hamburger, Lettuce, Bhindi, Spinach, Carrot, Green Peas, and Sea-food.
- He admires Rajesh Khanna and Dimple Kapadia.
- He can watch James Bond Series, Bourne Series, and Gone Girl on repeat.
- He is a big fan of the directors Priyadarshan, Abbas-Mastan, J P Dutta, and Farhan Akhtar.
- He loves watching the TV series Homeland.
- His all time favourite song is “Sinbad The Sailor” from the film “Rock On” (2008).
- His hobbies are playing Chess & Squash, Gardening, Swimming, Reading, and Gymming.
- His favourite book is Sacred Games by Vikram Chandra.
- White is his favourite colour.
- He loves watching Football matches.
- Originally, Akshaye Khanna was cast as “Akash,” Hrithik Roshan as “Siddharth,” and Saif Ali Khan as “Sameer” in Farhan Akhtar’s movie “Dil Chahta Hai.” But after Hrithik Roshan rejected the role, it was assigned to Abhishek Bachchan. But when Abhishek also refused to play the part, Farhan interchanged the roles assigned to Akshaye Khanna and Aamir Khan.
- Initially, he was considered to play Aamir Khan‘s role in “Taare Zameen Par” (2007).
- Kareena Kapoor made a confession that she really liked Akshaye Khanna in her teenage days.
- In 2017, he stated in an interview, “I will never get married. I want to live my life alone. I can be in a relationship for sometime but I know I can’t see it lasting for a lifetime.”
- Initially, he was offered to play the role of Sunil Dutt in “Sanju” (2018), but he faced rejection; as he could not pass the look tests.