Anjum Fakih is an Indian television actress and model.
Anjum Fakih was born on 12 September 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She is an alumnus of the University of Mumbai.
Height: 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 30-26-32
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Anjum Fakih belongs to a Konkani Muslim family. She even says that she is half-Indian and half-Arab. Her parents live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia . Her father’s name is Kamaluddin Fakih.
Her mother’s name is Sultana Fakih.
She started her career as a model. She has formerly worked as a model for Elan Modelling Agency Pvt Ltd. She started her acting career by doing small roles in the serials like “Aahat,” “MTV Chat House,” and “My way.”
She then appeared in a full-fledged role in Epic TV’s “Time Machine.” She then appeared in Star Plus’s TV serial “Tere Sheher Mein (2015),” in which she played the role of “Rachita Agnihotri.”
She became famous after she did the role of “Rani Rageshwari Singh” in the Zee TV’s show “Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani (2015-17).”
She played the role of ‘Sakshi’ in “Devanshi (2016-17)” and the parallel lead role of ‘Srishti’ in Zee TV’s show “Kundali Bhagya (2017-2019).”
- In 2019, a video of Anjum went viral. In the video, she was seen smoking. The video of her smoking was recorded by Shraddha Arya. Anjum received a lot of negative comments on her act. In response to her controversy, she said-
Shraddha and I share a very warm equation off-screen, and she uploaded the video in jest. The intention was to not hurt anybody’s sentiments. I take responsibility for all my actions. However, I do not promote smoking and would not encourage people to take it up either.”
- In 2018, during the holy month of Ramadan, she posted a photo of her in revealing clothes. She was brutally trolled for her photo and was called shameless and a black spot on the Muslim Community. In response to her haters, she wrote a message on her Instagram account, that said,
Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind.”
- In 2019, she was trolled for her copy-paste error. On the occasion of Republic Day, she posted a note on her social media account. Unfortunately, in her note, she wrote 68th instead of 70th Republic Day. For which, she received a lot of criticism from the public.
Awards & Titles
- Gold Award for the Best Supporting Actor (Female) for the serial “Kundali Bhagya” in 2018
- Ford Super Model of the World-India in 2012
- Television Personality: Tyra Banks
- Sports: Football, Cricket
- Actress: Krystle D’Souza
- She likes cooking, painting, and writing poems.
- Anjum Fakih belongs to a conservative Muslim family. Talking about it, she says,
Since 4th grade to 2009, I wore a burqa, but in 2010 I decided I will live my life on my own terms and will wear what I want. I took all my salwar kameez and burqa and dumped it all.”
- When she talked about her dreams to her parents, they told her that if she wanted to be a model, she would have to leave their home. So, she left her home at the age of 19 to pursue her passion for modelling and acting.
- She didn’t get any financial support from her parents and she came to Mumbai with the help of the money that she had collected through babysitting and tuitions in Saudi Arabia.
- She is 5 ft. 11 inches tall, because of which, she has always faced a problem in getting positive roles. Talking about the issue, she said-
I have mostly got offers to play a rich spoilt brat or a vamp on TV. Another disadvantage that I have is that I am too tall. I have done splits while shooting ‘Tere Shaher Mein.’ Whenever I bag a role, I just pray that my co-star is at least 6 ft 2 inches.”
- She has a pet cat, who she says to be her daughter. She has named her cat, ‘Ivy.’