Ashvini Yardi is a Bollywood film producer who started off her career as the Head of Programming for Zee TV. She then started working as a producer on the channel and worked on shows like Saat Phere, Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyan, etc. Yardi is a well-known personality in Bollywood and several major celebrities are her friends.
Ashvini Yardi was born on 10 October in Mumbai. She completed her schooling from Mumbai and then pursued B.A. in Psychology, Advertising, and Marketing from Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai. She started working with ZEE TV after completing her education as the head of programming. Under her guidance, she brought several shows like Saat Phere, Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyan, Banegi Apni Baat, and others. She later became a part of Colors and helped the channel to take up the number one position.
Hair Colour: Dark Coppery Brown
Eyes Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Ashvini Yardi was born into an Indian family.
Husband & Children
Ashvini Yardi got married to Sachin Sudhir Yardi, a producer, on 4 January 1997. She has been married to Sachin for the past 23 years and together they have a son, Vivaan Yardi.
After completing her graduation, Ashvini Yardi entered the television industry as she joined ZEE TV. She was responsible for bringing in new scripts for daily soaps and under her guidance, several new shows made it to the channel. She was part of the production team for serials like Saat Phere, Teen Bahuraaniyaan, Banoo Main Teri Dulhann, etc. Along with this, she was also responsible for the conceptualization of the tv reality shows- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge and Lil’ Champs. She was given the opportunity to join an upcoming channel, Colors. On joining, she produced new shows such as Uttaran, Balika Vadhu, Veer Shivaji, and even produced reality shows like Bigg Boss, and Khatron Ke Khiladi. The introduction of these shows really helped the channel reach the number one position. In 2011, she collaborated with Akshay Kumar and founded Grazing Goat Pictures, an Indian production house and under this, they produced the film OMG – Oh My God! (2012). They also produced several other movies like 72 Miles (2013), Bhaji In Problem (2013), Fugly (2014). In 2015, Ashvini started her independent production house under the name, Viniyard Films. The production house represents several artists like Amy Jackson and others.
Released under the banner of Grazing Goat Pictures, OMG – Oh My God! (2012) was a movie about God and the common man’s faith in him and everything around it. This movie was loved by people but however, it was criticized by few. The movie was banned in the UAE and Malaysia because of the controversial storyline. There was also a report of an FIR being filed in Ajmer, Rajasthan against the director, actors, and producers of the movie for hurting religious sentiments.
- Ashvini is fond of dogs and she has a German Shepherd named Rocco.
- Ashvini is close friends with Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt and she can be seen with them during parties. Kiara Advani is one of her closest friends and they both are seen together very often.
- She is a big-time foodie and she loves to visit new places and try out new cuisines. She also has a sweet tooth and loves desserts.
- With the trend of web series on an all-time high, Ashvini worked on a Netflix series, Masaba Masaba which was released in August 2020 and reached number one in trending within a week.
- Ashvini started working with ZEE again for their online streaming platform, Zee5 Premium with the release of the show “Jamai 2.0.” The cast of the show is Ravi Dubey, Nia Sharma, Achint Kaur.