Athiya Shetty is an Indian actress. She is the daughter of the Bollywood actor, Suniel Shetty.
Athiya Shetty was born on 5 November 1992 (age 26 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She was educated at the Cathedral and John Connon School and then, shifted to American School of Bombay. Thereafter, she moved to New York Film Academy to pursue her graduation in filmmaking & liberal arts. Athiya actively participated in co-curricular activities in her school days. She used to play sports like football, basketball, and badminton and also was a part of the swim team. She was good at singing and dancing and was involved in dramatics and her school choir. Shetty was inclined towards acting since her childhood and she often used to take her mother’s sarong, drape it like a saree, and mimic the heroines in the privacy of her room. Athiya worked as an interior designer, fashion designer, chef, architect, and waitress in the New York cafe before becoming an actress.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements: 32-24-34
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Athiya Shetty belongs to a Hindu Family. She hails from the Bunt Community from her father’s side and she has a Punjabi Hindu and Gujarati Muslim descent from her mother’s side. Her father, Suniel Shetty, is an actor. Her mother, Mana Shetty, is a fashion designer and a social worker. Athiya has a younger brother, Ahan Shetty, who is an actor.
Athiya made her acting debut in 2015 with the Bollywood film “Hero” in which she played the role of ‘Radha Mathur.’ The film remained average at the box office. Next, she featured in the romantic comedy “Mubarakan” opposite Anil Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor. The film was a huge hit and earned her positive reviews for her acting skills. In 2018, she made a dance performance on the song ‘Tere Naal Nachna’ in the film “Nawabzaade.” In the same year, Athiya bagged the role of ‘Anita’ in the Bollywood film “Motichoor Chaknachoor” which also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
In addition to acting, she has remained the brand ambassador of the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York. Athiya has also featured on the covers of various magazines including “Cosmopolitan,” “Femina,” “Verve,” “Vogue,” and “Hello.”
- Vogue Beauty Award in the category “Face To Watch Out For.” (2015)
- Stardust Award for “Best Jodi of The Year” along with Sooraj Pancholi (2015)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award for “Best Debut (Female)” (2015)
- Producers Guild Film Award for Most Promising Debut Jodi shared with Sooraj Pancholi (2016)
- International Indian Film Academy Award for Hottest Pair along with Sooraj Pancholi (2016)
Athiya Shetty owns a caviar shade Jaguar XF and a Mercedes S Class SUV.
- Food: Rajma Rice, Chicken Fried Rice
- Desserts: Cinnamon apple pie, Gulab Jamun
- Film: Dil Toh Paagal Hai
- Style Icon: Kendall Jenner
- Outfit: Boyfriend Jeans, White Shirts
- Accessories: Watch, Bracelet
- Netflix Show: 13 Reasons Why
- Holiday Destination: London
- Restaurant: Bastian in Mumbai
- Brands: Givenchy, Anamika Khanna, Ahilya, Off-White, Top Shop, Zara
- Her hobbies include dancing, playing with pets, and doing photography.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Athiya loves dancing and is a trained in Kathak.
- She has also learned many other professional dance forms from Remo‘s dance academy in Mumbai.
- She is a big movie buff and has watched every single Bollywood film in her childhood.
- Shetty is an ardent follower of Sai Baba.
- Athiya told during an interview that she is very superstitious.
- She loves dogs and has a pet pug named Squish.
- Shetty has ‘Angel Wings’ tattooed on her right wrist.
- Athiya Shetty used to study in the same school with Tiger Shroff, Krishna Shroff, and Shraddha Kapoor. Tiger and Shraddha were two years seniors to her.
- She told during an interview that Tiger Shroff used to bully her in her childhood while she was best friends with his sister Krishna.
- Athiya revealed in an interview that Salman Khan‘s sister Alvira saw her while she was working out in Yasmin Karachiwala’s gym. Initially, she was not aware that who Athiya was but she found that out and later, Shetty was offered a lead role in the film ‘Hero.’
- Shetty once shared that she has been greatly influenced by her paternal grandfather, Veerapa Shetty and her maternal grandmother, Vipula Kadri.
- From the age of 12, Athiya had been working for the hearing impaired and mentally challenged kids at her grandmother’s NGO.
- Athiya says she is a big foodie and during an interview, she shared an incident from the sets of her film ‘Mubarakan’ when she ate three McDonald’s burgers while her other co-stars were picking at salad leaves.