Ayesha Billimoria is an Indian fitness influencer, athlete, model, trainer, and author. She is known as the ‘Fitgirl India.’
Ayesha Billimoria was born in Thursday, 8 January 1987 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She has done her primary schooling from a boarding school in Ooty in Tamil Nadu. She completed her high school studies from Activity High School in Mumbai. Ayesha has trained under world-class coaches in London, Africa, Germany and Australia; Gavin Dsouza being one of them. She has done graduation from the University of Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown (dyed her hair red and blonde)
Family & Caste
She belongs to a Parsi family. Her father’s name is Neville Billimoria. Her mother, Perviz Billimoria is an Insurence agent. She has a sister named Binaifer.
Ayesha Billimoria is a three-time national champion (2001-03) in 200 metres sprint. She has represented Maharashtra for 17 years.
She has held many state and national titles and was named ‘Fastest Girl of India’ in her teens. She is the former captain of Adidas Runners Mumbai crew and has represented Adidas in several national and international tournaments. She works as an athletics coach and movement specialist in Mumbai. In 2016, she started her own enterprise by the name, “Project Fitgirl,” an initiative to educate young children studying in government schools in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh in sports, movement, and life.
She is a TEDx speaker, keynote speaker at the World Zoroastrian Congress, a vocal proponent of gender equality, and an environmental warrior.
In 2019, her book titled “Run! The Ultimate Mind-Body Fitness Guide” was published.
- Food: Dhansak, Chocolate, French Fries
- Books: “The Wholesome Kitchen” by Pooja Dhingra, “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption” by Laura Hillenbrand
- Athletes: Cathy Freeman, Usain Bolt
- Travel Destinations: Budapest, Istanbul, San Francisco
- She likes reading and travelling.
- When she was eight years old, she got into sports. In her school, she played every sport including baseball, basketball, throwball, volley, and football.
- At the age of 11, she fell in love with athletics and turned professional athlete at the age of 14.
- During her high school days, in 2003, she participated in the ICSE Athletics Meet and won two gold medals in 100m and 400m races, and a silver in the shot put event. It was this tournament where she was spotted by ICSE Athletics Association who recommended her to Adidas.
- At the end of 2000s, she got into a bike accident and suffered from partial paralysis because of it. Talking about her experience of those times, she said,
That journey has been long. But for what happened in that accident, I think I suffered for many years. I refuse to believe when they say that you can’t do this. Everyone said physically I was destroyed–nobody knew how strong my mind was.”
- It was her dream to participate in Olympics but due to her injuries from the accident, she couldn’t do that.
- She didn’t have a mentor for initial years of her recovery from her accident where she found herself been affected mentally. Later, she met Gavin, her first coach who instilled confidence to stand again.
- She is allergic to soy/lecithin and does not have any supplements and food that has soy/lecithin.
- She is good friends with the actor and model Ali Fazal.
- She is an environment fighter and participated in various activities concerning the environment. She often spreads awareness through her social media accounts.