Azmat Hussain is an Indian budding singer, who is known for being the winner of “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs Junior” (2011).
Azmat Hussain was born on Friday, 10 January 2001 (age 18 years; as in 2019) in Jaipur. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He belongs to a financially weak family and has never been to school. He was home-schooled until he was 12 years old. Azmat was inclined towards singing from a very young age and started learning music from his uncles and relatives when he was just 4 years old.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
His father, Zafar Hussain, is a keyboard player. Not much is known about his mother. He has 3 brothers and 3 sisters.
Azmat started his singing career in 2011 by winning the singing reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.”
Subsequently, he recorded a qawwali for the Bollywood film “Raambhajjan Zindabaad.”
He, then, performed at various functions and stage shows across the country.
As Azmat grew up, his voice tone started changing. One day, when he uploaded his video on his social media account, he received a bad response from the audience. Subsequently, he went into depression and stopped singing for a while. During that period, he became a victim of drug abuse, which further disturbed his singing career. In 2019, Azmat made a comeback in the singing industry by participating in the singing reality show “Indian Idol 11.”
- His hobbies include singing, dancing, and swimming.
- Azmat comes from a family that sing songs to earn their livelihood.
- He is a good friends with Indian Idol 10 winner, Salman Ali. Salman was also his competitor in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.
- At the grand ceremony of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, Azmat received the winner’s trophy from the Bollywood superstar, Shah Rukh Khan.
- After winning, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, he won a family trip to Disneyland for four nights and five days.
- When Hussain returned to Jaipur after winning the show, the Cheif Minister, Ashok Gehlot, honoured Azmat with a flat in the MIG category of Rajasthan Housing Board and a fixed deposit of Rs. 11 lakh in his name on behalf of the Rajasthan Government.
- His grandfather, Rafiq Hussain, was also a classical singer.
- After noticing a change in his voice, Azmat stopped singing for three years.
- Azmat received a standing ovation from the judges of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, after he sang the soulful rendition of Khuda Kare. The popular singer, Kailash Kher, got very impressed with his voice and said,
Aap pichle janam ke kisi sangeet ke fankaar ke avatar hain… at this age if you sing so well then after a few years there will be a Gharana bearing your name.”