Bavanaka Sandeep is a professional Indian cricketer who plays first-class cricket for Hyderabad.
Bavanaka Sandeep was born on 25 April 1992 (age 28 years; as of 2020), in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. His full name is Bavanaka Parameshwar Sandeep. He completed his schooling from St Andrews High School in 2007, one of the best schools in Hyderabad in terms of cricket training. After doing his schooling, he enrolled in TKR College of Engineering & Technology in sports quota. He even captained his school and college cricket team for several years.
Height (approx): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father, Parameshwar Bavanaka, is a retired employee of Bharat Dynamics Limited. His mother, Uma Bavanaka, is a homemaker. He has four elder sisters; Swathi Bavanka, Shalini Bavanka, and names of the other two are not known.
As of 2020, Sandeep is unmarried and has also not unfolded anything about his love life.
Sandeep scored hefty runs in junior-level cricket for Hyderabad in U-11, U-13, U-15, U-17 and U-19 and made a mark with his performances quite early in his career.
On 10 November 2010, at 18 years of age, he played his first first-class match which was against Jharkhand in Ranchi and played a brilliant inning of 144 runs in that match. A century in the first match earned him a South Zone berth for the Duleep Trophy, and from there on Sandeep became one of the main batsmen in Hyderabad’s batting lineup.
His batting average was above 55 in his first two first-class seasons. Sandeep was the top run-scorer for Hyderabad in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy.
Sandeep was mainly a red-ball cricket player since he had started playing professional cricket; however, looking at the increasing importance for the T20 cricket, he also improved his white-ball game. He was the leading run-scorer for Hyderabad during the 2019/20 Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 competition.
In November 2018, Sandeep reached 3000 runs milestone in his first-class cricket career. Ever since IPL began in 2008, Sandeep dreamt of being a part of the tournament. Eventually, his dream became true in December 2019 when Sunrisers Hyderabad bought him at his base price of INR 20 lakh. After representing Hyderabad in the domestic circuit for almost a decade, Sandeep decided to play for Goa as a guest player in the coming domestic seasons. Reportedly, the reason behind turning to Goa is the politics in Hyderabad Cricket Association, which has earlier been cited by various Hyderabad players including Ambati Rayudu.
- Sandeep was a right-handed batsman in his childhood. It was his father who changed his batting style and made him a left-hander.
- To concentrate on his son’s cricketing career, Sandeep’s father took voluntary retirement from his job as a technician, 8 years prior to the completion of his retirement.
- With an overall batting average of close to 45 in the first-class cricket, and he is considered as Mr Dependable by his Hyderabad teammates.
- Cricket helped him secure a government job of an income tax inspector in Hyderabad government.
- The southpaw, Sandeep, likes to read books and along with that, he is also a passionate biker.