Daniel Sams is an Australian cricketer who plays as an all-rounder for the domestic teams of Australia. In 2020, Daniel Sams was bought by Delhi Capitals for the base price of Rs. 20 lakhs.
Daniel Sams was born on Tuesday, 27 October 1992 (age 27 years; as in 2020) in Milperra, New South Wales, Australia. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Daniel started playing cricket when he was in college. Daniel made his first-class debut for the domestic team of Canterbury, New Zealand in the 2017-18 Plunket Shield season on October 30, 2017. His efficient performance as a bowler has helped him make a place in the Australian team.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Eyes Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Ash Brown
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about Daniel Sams parents. He has a brother named Anthony Sams who is a professional fitness trainer.
Daniel Sams got married to Danii on 21 December 2015. Before the marriage, they were together for a few years.
Daniel Sams is an Australian cricketer who started playing for his college team. His journey as a professional cricketer started with first-class cricket when he joined the Canterbury team for the 2017-18 Plunket Shield season on 30 October 2017. Daniel made his Twenty20 debut for the Sydney Sixers in the 2017-18 Big Bash League season in December 2017. He made his debut for the List-A cricket for New South Wales during the 2018-19 JLT One-Day Cup held on 18 September 2018. In June 2019, Daniel was selected to be a part of the Vancouver Knights team for the 2019 Global T20 Canada tournament. In August 2020, Daniel was bought by Delhi Capitals to be a part of the 2020 Indian Premier League.
- Daniel Sams is known as the Golden Arm Daniel for his efficient economy rate and spectacular bowling. In his debut match against Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League season, Daniel took four wickets off fourteen runs, making it the best figures by a debutant in the tournament.
- Daniel played the BBL season where he ended up taking 30 wickets in 17 matches and made a record by becoming the first bowler to take the most wickets in the history of the competition. He became the fifth bowler to take most wickets in a Twenty20 tournament.
- Daniel Sams was signed by the Australia ODI squad for the tour to England in August 2020 amid the COVID-19 global pandemic. Daniel is joining the squad with nine other players from the New South Wales team.
- Daniel Sams was selected in the Delhi Capitals team as a replacement for the English opener, Jason Roy who had to leave the tournament due to an injury in his leg.
- When Daniel is away from the field, he likes to spend his leisure time with his family and friends by going out for vacations.
- Daniel is an animal lover and he has a dog named Ollie.