Dayalu Ammal is famous for being the Wife of Tamil Nadu’s former Chief Minister and DMK Chief, M Karunanidhi. She got married to Karunanidhi at a very young age, after the death of his first wife; becoming his second wife. Check out Dayalu Ammal Wiki, Age, Husband, Childre, Family, Controversy, Biography & More.
She is a 86 years old widow of M. Karunanidhi. Born in the Year 1936 in Tamil Nadu, India.
She is a businesswoman. She was just 12 years old when she got married to M. Karunanidhi.
In 1946, she tied the knot with M. Karunanidhi.
The couple was blessed with four children. She has 3 sons: M. K. Alagiri (Politician), M.K Stalin (Politician), M. K. Tamilarasu (Producer) and one daughter: Selvi Geetha Kovilam.
In the 1960s, Her happily married life was tormented when Karunanidhi got married to Rajathi Ammal in a secret ceremony. Though it was considered as an illegal marriage according to the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
Dayalu is the stepmother of M. K. Muthu (Step-son, with Padmavathy) and Kanimozhi (Step-daughter, with Rajathi, Politician.)
Her son M.K Stalin became M. Karunanidhi’s political successor after 2016 assembly elections.
- In 2015, Dayalu and 18 others including DMK MP Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja faced a trial in the case in which Enforcement Directorate (ED) alleged that ₹200 crore illegal gratification was routed to Kalaignar TV through an indirect way by promoters of Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd (STPL). Her doctor stated that the possibility of her involvement in the money laundering case was impossible as she has been suffering from Alzheimer and was not well for many years. In the year 2017, all the accused along with Dayalu were acquitted of the money laundering case by a special court of CBI.
Salary/Net Worth/Money Factor
She earned ₹64 lakh/year (as of 2011) and has a total worth of ₹15.34 crore (Movable, as of 2011). She owns land in Tiruvallur District and also Dayalu Ammal Trust owns land at Madakulam Village in Madurai District. She has a 60% share in Kalignar TV and owns jewelry worth ₹13 lakh.
- She loves cooking and often tries her hand at new dishes.
- In 2014, Kanimozhi was charged in the 2G spectrum allocation case for co-conspiracy where Dayalu was produced as a prosecution witness by CBI.
- She was diagnosed with Alzheimer, Sjogren, Anemia, and other age-related diseases in the mid-1980’s. She has been suffering from these diseases since then.
- Her son ‘Azhagiri‘ shares a very close bond with Dayalu among his siblings.