Divya Seth is an Indian actress, and she has worked in both Hindi films and TV serials. She is famous for playing the role of ‘Majli’ in the popular Doordarshan TV serial ‘Hum Log’ (1984).
Divya Seth was born on 2 April in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She did her schooling from Convent of Jesus and Mary, New Delhi. Later, she pursued Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in English Literature from St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Divya Seth was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Dhruv Seth, was a businessman, and her mother, Sushma Seth, is a popular veteran Indian actor. Divya has one sister, Priya Seth, and one brother, Kavi Seth.
Relationship, Husband & Children
She was in a rumoured relationship with the Indian actor and director Ashish Balram Nagpal.
On 12 November 1999, she got married to Siddhartha Shah, and the couple is blessed with a daughter, Mihika Shah.
She started her career as a theatre actor and performed in various theatre plays. In 1984, she debuted as an actor in the popular Hindi TV serial ‘Hum Log’ in which her mother played the role of Dadi.
Some of her popular Hindi TV serials are ‘Adhikaar’ (1988), ‘Daraar’ (1994), ‘Sparsh’ (1998), ‘Dil Darya’ (1998), and ‘Abhimaan’ (1999).
She took a break from acting for almost five years after doing the serial ‘Sparsh’ in 1999. In 2005, she made a comeback in the TV serial ‘Sarkarr: Rishton Ki Ankahi Kahani.’
In 2007, she appeared in the Bollywood film ‘Jab We Met’ in which she played the role of Shahid Kapoor’s mother. Later, she appeared in the Hindi films like ‘English Vinglish’ (2012) as Rupal’s mother, ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ (2015) as Saira Hashmi, ‘Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi’ (2017) as Vir Das’s mother, and ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’ (2019) as Gursharan Kaur.
- Writer(s): Gabriel Garcia Marquez, John Irving
- Her full name is Divya Seth Shah.
- As per her Instagram’s bio, she is a tree lover.
- Her hobbies include painting, singing, writing, cycling, reading, cooking, and travelling.
- She did her training in acting from Barry John Acting Studio in New Delhi along with the popular Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan. In one of his Twitter posts, Shah Rukh Khan mentioned Divya as his bestest friend.
- She is often spotted drinking red wine in various parties and loves to smoke Hookah.
- She regularly practices yoga to maintain her fitness.
- She follows a vegetarian diet.
- In an interview, she talked about her dream role, she said,
It was the first year of my college and I was just 16-years-old. During my summer holidays, my mother (Sushma Seth — who played the character of Dadi in Hum Log) informed me about this role which the production house was looking out for. Although I had not taken any formal training in acting, I was actively involved in my mother’s theatre group. I think that helped me get the role.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a few pet dogs including Maple and Simba.