Dr Anjali Hooda Sangwan is a renowned Indian nutritionist and obesity expert. She is the sister of popular Bollywood actor, Randeep Hooda.
Dr Anjali Hooda Sangwan was born on Wednesday, 14 November 1973 (age 46 years; as in 2019), in Rohtak, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She attended Motilal Nehru School of Sports (MNSS) in Rohtak Haryana. She did her MBBS from College of Pharmacy, Pt. B.D. Sharma, PGIMS, Rohtak in Haryana. Later, she attended Lincoln Mental and Medical Centre, New York to pursue her MD in Internal Medicine.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
She was born in a Jaat Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Ranbir Hooda is a doctor and professor. Her mother, Asha Hooda is a social worker and a politician. She has two younger brothers. Her brother, Randeep Hooda is a popular Bollywood actor, and her youngest brother, Sandeep Hooda is a software engineer who works in Singapore.
Relationships, Husband & Children
She is married to Sandeep Sangwan, and the couple has two children. Her son’s name is Ojas Sangwan, and her daughter’s name is Sana Sangwan.
In 2010, she joined the Advanced Metabolic & Functional Medicine Center, New Jersey, the USA as a metabolic consultant. In 2014, she started working as an obesity medicine consultant at Fortis C-Doc Hospital in Delhi. In 2017, she started her own weight loss and diabetics control clinic ‘LiveNutriFit HeathTech Pvt. Ltd. India.’ She has appeared on various TV shows as a health and wellness coach.
LiveNutriFit & Center for Obesity and Longevity (COAL), B-11, Greater Kailash Enclave II, New Delhi
- She was a National level Swimmer while she was in school.
- She is trained in Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) under Dr Neal Rouzier, MD.
- In an interview her brother, Randeep Hooda shared that Anjali had inspired him to become an actor, he said,
She’s a few years older than me and was on the national swimming team at the MNSS Rai academy which I too attended and where our bond grew. In fact, it was watching her act in the school production of the West Side Story that inspired me to become an actor.”
- She regularly practices yoga to maintain her fitness.
- She follows a vegetarian diet.
- She has got a tattoo inked on her right arm.
- She has received many awards for her contribution towards healthcare industry in India.
- Her friends and family call her Anju.
- After her marriage and pregnancy, she became overweight and struggled a lot to lose excessive fat. She then decided to aware people more about obesity and weight loss.