Ferdia Shaw is an Irish actor who is best known for his lead role as ‘Artemis’ in the American film ‘Artemis Fowl’ (2020).
Ferdia Shaw was born on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 (age 16 years; as in 2020), in Dublin, Ireland. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He lives in Kilkenny, Ireland with his family. He is studying in Gaelscoil Osrai (Dalta), Kilkenny.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
He is the son of Colin Shaw (who works in the IT sector) and Lucy (breastfeeding counselor). He has an elder sister, Maeve, and an elder brother named Tiernan.
He is the grandson of the famous British actors, Mary Ure, and Robert Shaw.
He is the nephew of Ian Shaw who is also an actor.
Ferdia has worked in many local theatrical productions at Barnstorm Theatre Company. He has also made short films and acted in the short films, Kilkenny Famine Experience (2017), and The Last Brewer (2017).
Apart from acting in short films, he has also made appearances in the documentaries on his grandfather Robert Shaw. He got his big break with the lead role of ‘Artemis Fowl’ in Disney’s ‘Artemis Fowl’ (2020).
- Books: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, The Knife of Never Letting Goby Patrick Ness, Million Dollar Gift by Ian Somers, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Blood Fever by Charlie Higson (part of Young Bond series), A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin (part of Game of Thrones series), How to Train your Dragon by Cressida Cowell, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling
- He is an avid reader and likes to play cards and board games, especially Talisman.
- His family members and loved ones call him ‘Da Fertz’ with love. ((IMDb))
- He is a vegan and also a member of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- Apart from fighting for animals, he has also shown his active support in the fight against climate change and global warming.