Flora Saini, also known by her screen name Asha Saini, is an Indian actress and model who mainly works in the Telugu cinema. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Stree’ in the Bollywood film, “Stree” (2018).
Flora Saini was born on Friday, 29 September 1978 (age 41 years; as in 2019) in Chandigarh. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her schooling from Udhampur’s Army school and Delhi’s The Army Public School. Thereafter, her family shifted to Kolkata, where she began her modelling career. While in Kolkata, Flora participated in Miss Kolkata beauty pageant.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Flora Saini belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, JS Saini is a former Indian Army Officer. Her mother’s name is Kamal Saini.
Flora Saini was in a live-in relationship with the film producer, Gaurang Doshi.
Flora Saini started her acting career in 1999 with the Telugu film, “Prema Kosam.” Next, she appeared in films like “Antha Mana Manchike” and “Ammo! Okato Tareekhu.” She made her Hindi film debut with the film, “Sabse Bada Beiman,” Kannada film debut with the film, “Kodanda Rama,” Tamil film debut with the film, “Sorry Enaku Kalyanamayidichu,” and Punjabi film debut with the film, “Paisa Yaar N Panga.” In 2015, she played the role of ‘Muskan’ in the film, “MSG:The Messenger.” Flora got huge popularity after playing the role of the ghost in the Bollywood film, “Stree.”
Saini made her Digital Media debut with the web series “Maid in India.” Subsequently, she appeared in many web series like “Gandi Baat,” “Inside Edge: Season 1,” “X.X.X,” and “Bombers.”
- In 2008, Flora was arrested in Chennai for supposedly having forged visa documents and was subsequently, banned from the Tamil film industry. However, after a couple of weeks, she proved her innocence and the ban was lifted from her.
- Flora played the role of a suicide bomber in the controversial film, “MSG: Messenger of God.” Owing to her role in the film, she received death threats on social media.
- In 2018, Flora alleged that she was harrased by the film producer, Gaurang Doshi. However, the producer later filed a defamation case against the actress of falsely accusing her.
- Uttarakhand Ratan Award (2010)
- The Great Daughter of Soil Award for her work towards poor and helpless (2013)
- Travel Destination: New York
- Her hobbies include listening to music and watching films.
- Flora has worked in many different languages viz. Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Punjabi.
- She is an avid dog lover and keeps sharing her pictures with dogs on her Instagram account.
- Flora’s three films, namely, “Broker” (Telugu), “Vismaya Pramaya” (Kannada), and “Vah Re Vah” (Kannada) released on the same date, i.e., 31 December 2010, allowing her entry into the Limca Book of Records for the most number of releases in a single day.
- Flora changed her screen name to Asha Saini on the advice of her first film’s producer. Later, the actress adopted the name, Mayuri, on the advice of an astrologer. Eventually, she reverted to her original name, Flora.