Hardavinder Singh Sandhu, better known as Harrdy Sandhu, is an Indian singer, actor, and a former cricketer. He came into the spotlight with his Punjabi song “Soch.”
Harrdy Sandhu was born on 6 September 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Patiala, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Virgo. His hometown is Chandigarh. He was passionate about cricket right from his childhood and wanted to make a career in it. Sandhu also had a great interest in music from a young age and started to sing as a hobby when he was just 4 years old. He gave his 1st stage performance at his uncle’s marriage.
Height (approx.): 5’ 7”
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Chest 38″, Waist 30″, Biceps 13″
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Brown
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Harrdy Sandhu belongs to a Sikh Family. Not much is known about his parents. He has one elder brother.
Harrdy is in a relationship with the model, Zenith Sidhu.
Harrdy Sandhu started his career as a cricketer in 2005. He played as a fast bowler for Under 19 India and Punjab’s Ranji Team. He has played with the likes of Ishant Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan. However, he suffered an injury in 2007 and had to give up his cricket career. Thereafter, he went to Australia and worked there as a taxi driver. After a while, Harrdy returned to India, worked on his fitness and got selected for the Ranji tournament. Unfortunately, he again suffered an injury just two days before the match and had to quit cricket.
Sandhu started his singing career in 2012 with the song “Tequilla Shot.” However, he gained fame only after his Punjabi song “Soch” which was a huge hit. In the same year, he released the song “Joker” which was very much liked by the audience. Subsequently, he released many hit tracks including “Saah,” “Naa Ji Naa,” “Hornn Blow,” “Backbone,” “Yaar Ni Milyaa,” “Naah,” and “Kya Baat Ay.”
Hardy made his acting debut in 2014 with the Punjabi film “Yaaran Da Katchup.” He has also appeared in the film “Mera Mahi NRI.”
In 2019, Sandhu roped in to play the role of ‘Madan Lal’ in the Bollywood film “83.”
- PTC Punjabi Music Award for Most romantic Ballad of the year for the song “Soch” (2014)
- PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best Music Video for the song “Soch” (2014)
- PTC Punjabi Music Award for Most Popular Song of the Year for the song “Horn Blow” (2017)
- Food: Chicken Tikka, Butter Chicken, Chickpeas
- Films: Barfi, Punjab 1984, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
- Holiday Destination: Thailand
- His hobbies include dancing and gymming.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Harrdy was good at the dance in his school days and has even larned Bhangra for about three-four years when he was a teenager.
- He dislikes eating sweets.
- He has learned folk and classical singing from his mentor, Nirmal Singh.
- Sandhu considers Sachin Tendulkar and Brett Lee as his idols.
- He is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog, Juno, and a pet cat, Snowy.
- It took Harrdy one month to learn the dance steps for his song “Naah.”
- His song “Soch” made him the first Indian singer to garner more than 100 million views within five months of a song release.
- In 2016, when the remake of his song “Soch” was featured in the Bollywood film ‘Airlift,’ Harrdy was very disappointed with the makers of the song as the song was recreated without his knowledge.
- Harrdy owns a BMW car.
- He has got inked his girlfriend’s name “Zenith on his left forearm, his name “Harrdy” inked on his right forearm, and one more tattoo on the left side of his neck.
- He got his nickname, Hardy, from his co-players who used to play cricket with him. They started calling him Hardy as they found it difficult to pronounce his name.
- Sandhu suffered depression when after the release of his hit songs, Soch and Joker people started saying that Harrdy could only sing slow songs. He, then, could not sing for 6-7 months.
- Sandhu revealed in an interview that how he landed a role in the Bollywood film ’83.’ He said-
Ammy is a dear friend and I got to know he is doing the film. One day, when I was in Chandigarh, I got a call from Ammy asking me to come over and meet Kabir Khan and the coach who is training the team. They asked me if I will be able to crack the bowling action of Madan Lal and told me they are in the locking period and wanted me to send a video of myself after mastering the action. I sent it and they loved it. Hence, I got the role.”