Ipshita Chakraborty Singh is an Indian theatre and film actress. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Sita’ in the Hindi film, “Bhonsle.”
Ipshita Chakraborty was born in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Ipshita did her schooling from Jaipur’s St. Anselm’s Pink City Sr. Sec. School and went to the Rajasthan University to pursue her graduation in Economics.
Thereafter, she enrolled herself in Delhi’s National School of Drama (NSD) pursue a course in acting. After graduating from NSD, Ipshita worked as a professional actor at National School of Drama Repertory Company for around five years.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Ipshita Chakraborty belongs to a Bengali Hindu Family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is B. P. Chakraborty. Her mother’s name is Ranjana Chakraborty. She has a brother, Sayak Chakraborty and a sister, Atrayi Mahapatra.
Husband & Relationships
Ipshita got married to Ajeet Singh Palawat (actor) on Sunday, 6 November 2011.
Ipshita Chakraborty started her career as a theatre artist in 2010. Some of her popular plays include “Three Sisters,” “Virasat,” “Old Town,” “Dafa 292,” “Laila-Majnu,” “Khilona Nagar,” “Main Hun Yusuf Aur Ye Hai Mera Bhai,” and “Makardhwajan.” Ipshita has directed a solo performance, “A Girl Who Shot her Doggy.”
Ipshita made her film debut in 2018 with the Hindi film, “Bhonsle” in which she played the role of ”Sita.’
In 2020, she bagged the films, “Medium Spicy” and “If We Had Wings.”
- Film: The Bright Day (2013)
- Her hobbies include dancing and cooking.
- It was her unplanned encounter with veteran actor, Naseeruddin Shah in her high school days that motivated Ipshita to join drama school.
- Ipshita has a good command over Rajasthani, Hindi, English, Bangala, and Marathi languages.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Ruposhi.
- Until 2020, Ipshita has worked in more than 30 plays.
- She is a gold medalist in Economics from Rajasthan University.