Jaani John is a Punjabi lyricist, music composer, and a singer. He came into the spotlight with the Punjabi song “Soch” which was sung by Hardy Sandhu.
Jaani was born on 25 May 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Gidderbaha, Muktsar, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He attended Gidderbaha’s SSD Memorial School and went to Rayat Bahra University, Mohali, Punjab to pursue his graduation. Thereafter, he did a diploma in Hotel Management from Chandigarh. In 2012, when he was in his last semester, he penned the lyrics for the song “Soch.” Jaani was then planning to move to Australia for his further education, meanwhile, his first song got released and became a huge hit. He, then, started receiving calls from various popular Punjabi artists asking him for collaboration. After Soch, Jaani dropped the idea of going abroad and went on to make his career in the Punjabi music industry.
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 40″, Waist 30″, Biceps 14″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Jaani belongs to a Hindu Family. Not much is known about his parents. He has one sister. He is rumoured to be in a relationship with the actress, Neha Chauhan.
Jaani started his career as a lyricist in 2012 with the religious song “Sant Sipahi.” However, he gained recognition after he penned lyrics for the song “Soch” which was sung by Hardy Sandhu. Since Soch, he teamed up with B Praak, Arvindr Khaira, and Hardy Sandhu to produce super hits like “Joker”, “Backbone,” “HornBlow,” “Naah,” “Yaar Ni Mileya,” and “Kya Baat Ay.” In 2015, he penned the lyrics for songs like “Taara,” “Ik Saal,” and “Naa Ji Naa” which turned out to be blockbuster songs. Janni has written lyrics for many popular Punjabi singers including Sukh e, Jassie Gill, Ammy Virk, Diljit Dosanjh, Hardy Sandhu, Prabh Gill, Amrinder Gill, Kamal Khan, Gippy Grewal, Sunanda Sharma, and Guri. He owns a music label “Desi Melodies.”
In 2016, he made his Bollywood debut as a lyricist with the song “Dard” from the film “Sarbjit” which was sung by Sonu Nigam.
In 2019, he made his singing debut with the Punjabi song “Jaani Ve Jaani.”
- Food: Bhindi, Sarson Ka Saag, Makki Ki Roti
- Songs: Parindey, Khawaja Ji
- Holiday Destination: Paris
- His hobbies include reading literature, listening to music, and travelling to hill stations.
- He belongs to a non-musical family.
- The first song that Jaani ever wrote was “Kaabil” which haven’t yet got released.
- In 2016, the song ‘Soch Na Sake’ from the film “Airlift” was inspired by Jaani’s Punjabi song “Soch.” However, he was not happy with the Bollywood adoption of his song as according to him he was not aware about the same until the song featured on the television.
- The song “Soch” was based on one of his friend’s real-life story.
- The song “Jaani Tera Naa” which was sung by Sunanda Sharma was the first song ever which was named after a lyricist and the song was a huge hit.
- He admires Gulzar and Irshad Kamil.