M.N. Jayashree Rao, better known as Jayashree Rao, is an Indian actress, model, dancer, and psychologist who mainly works in the Tamil Film and Television Industry. She came into the limelight after appearing in the Tamil film, “Dreams.”
Jayashree Rao was born on Sunday, 26 April 1987 (age 33 years; as in 2020) in Chennai. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She did her schooling from Chennai’s Karnataka Sangha Higher Secondary School and Adarsh Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School.
She attended Chennai’s Kalakshetra Foundation to pursue a diploma in Bharatanatyam. She has also done B.Sc. in Psychology and M. A. in Psychology.
Jayashree was inclined towards dance from a very young age. She often participated in her school and college dance competitions and won several prizes.
After completing her graduation, Jayashree started working as a model at Mumbai’s StarNight Eventz.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Jayashree Rao belongs to a Hindu Family.
Parents & Siblings
Her parents have passed away. Her mother was a classical dancer and actress. Not much is known about her father. She has one elder sister.
Husband & Children
Jayashree was married to Isvar Ragunathan (actor). The couple has a daughter, Rethva Rao (Child actress).
Jayashree Rao started her career as an actress in 2004 with the Tamil film, “Dreams.”
Subsequently, she appeared in films like “465,” “Sattapadi Kutram,” and “Sivi.”
Rao is the founder of a performing arts school in Chennai named “Rethva- House Of Arts.”
- Food: Sambhar Rice, Veg Biryani
- Film: Thillana Mohanambal (1968)
- Her hobbies include dancing and shopping.
- She is a trained classical dancer.
- Jayashree filed a domestic violence case against her husband, Isvar Raghunathan in December 2019. The actress also accused Raghunathan of having an extra-marital affair and child-abuse.
- In 2020, Jayashree attempted suicide by consuming sleeping pills, but got saved.