Karan Oberoi also known as KO (pronounced as Kay-oh) is an Indian model and actor. KO is one of the most known faces in the Indian modelling industry, known for his macho personality, muscular physique, style and killer dressing sense. Ever since he got his first modelling break while working for a leading advertising firm, Karan Oberoi KO has been the star of more than 300 plus fashion shows, campaigns, brand ambassador and face of leading fashion, fitness and commercial brands. He also holds many awards as a model and has emerged as popular style and fitness icon.
Karan Oberoi (KO) was born on Saturday, 26 September 1987 (age 31 years; as in 2019) in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Libra.
He did his schooling from Delhi and went to S.G.G.S. College of Commerce, Delhi University to pursue B.Com Honours. He did PGDM in Mass Media from Delhi University and went to Amity International Business School, Noida to pursue MBA in International Business. Karan was good at sports in his school days and wanted to become a cricketer. After completing his post-graduation, Oberoi started working at an advertising firm called Grey Worldwide as a Graphic Designer. While Karan was working at Grey Worldwide, he landed into his first modelling assignment. He, then, relocated to Mumbai to make a career in modelling.
Height (approx.): 6’
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 16.5″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Karan Oberoi (KO) belongs to a Sikh Family. He is the son of Late Gurvinder Singh Oberoi and Dr. Jasvinder Oberoi. He has a younger sister, Ishween Sahiba. Karan is unmarried.
Karan started his career as a model in 2011. He has walked the ramp for various well-known fashion designers like Rohit Bal, Varun Behl, Shantanu and Nikhil, Rajesh Pratap Singh and Arjun Khanna. He has also walked the ramp for some top-notch brands including Aldo, Peter England, Jack & Jones, Lamborghini, FTV, Shoppers Stop and McDowell’s Signature.
Oberoi had been a part of the Lakme India Fashion Week, India Couture Week, GQ Nights and Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
He has worked with almost all the popular Indian commercial and fashion photographers like Dabboo Ratnani, Rafique Sayed, Amit Khanna, Tarunn (Banglore), Suvo Das and Rahul Dutta.
Karan has also featured on the covers of magazines like Men’s Health and Health & Nutrition.
- Top Fitness Model by HT Brunch (2018)
- ‘Youth Icon Model of the Year’ at the Global Leadership Awards (2018)
- ‘Best Body’ at Mr. India International
- ‘Hottie of the fortnight’ by Filmfare Magazine
- Appointed as ‘World Peace Messenger’ by WPDO (United Nations)
His net worth is estimated to be Rs. 20 Crores.
Car & Bike Collection
Karan owns a Volkswagen Vento car and a Custom 500cc Classic Royal Enfield bike.
- Brands: Apple, Super Dry
- Sports: Football, Cricket
- Football Player: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Films: Terminator, Judgement Day
- Film Director: Steven Spielberg
- Singers: Bryan Adams, Michael Jackson
- Holiday Destination: Dubai
- Attire: White Shirt, Blue Jeans
- Book: ‘The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari’ by Robin Sharma
- His hobbies include running and reading books.
- Karan took part in theatre in his college days.
- Karan has learned acting from Anupam Kher‘s “Actor Prepares.”
- Oberoi is one of the few models who has become successful in both, the fashion and the fitness industries.
- According to Karan, he has refrained himself from consuming fast food for over 10 years.
- He is very particular about his fitness and visits the gym regularly.
- He is very fond of animals and owns two pet dogs, Adam and Eve.
- He is a tattoo enthusiast and keeps getting inked temporary tattoos on his body.
- Karan Oberoi is also referred to by his initials ‘KO’ because of his ‘fittest model tag’ in the modelling industry. Interestingly, the abbreviation ‘KO’ means “Knock Out” and it also represents his initials.
- He resides at Bandra west, Pali, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- His blood group is AB(+).
- In September 2019, Karan Oberoi KO was invited as a celebrity guest on Times food’s cooking show, cooking with celebs.