Kunal Khemu is an Indian actor. He has worked as a child actor in a number of Bollywood films. Let’s delve into details about the actor’s personal and professional life.
Kunal Khemu was born on 25 May 1983 (age 35 years; as in 2018) in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India. He did his schooling from Niranjanlal Dalmia High School, Mumbai and enrolled himself in Amity University, Noida to complete his graduation. He was inclined towards acting from a very young age. He used to be a part of his school’s theatre group and won various awards for his acting in the plays.
Kunal started his career as a child artist with Doordarshan TV’s “Gul Gulshan Gulfaam” when he was just 4-year-old. In 1993, he made Bollywood debut with Mahesh Bhatt’s “Sir.” In the 90s, Khemu rose to fame with his performances in films like “Zakhm,” “Bhai,” “Raja Hindustani,” and “Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke.”
At the age of 14, he gave up acting to concentrate on his studies.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 65 kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 40”, Waist 30”, Biceps 15”
Family, Caste & Wife
Kunal belongs to a Brahmin (Kashmiri Pandit) Hindu Family. He is the son of actor Ravi Kemmu and Jyoti Kemmu. He has a younger sister, Karishma Khemu.
Kunal’s grandfather, Moti Lal Khemu, was a playwriter who had received Padma Shri and Rashtra Bhasha Prachar Samiti Award.
Kunal was into a live-in relationship with Soha Ali Khan for a year. They got married on 25 January 2015 in a private ceremony in Mumbai. The couple has a daughter, Inaaya Naumi Kemmu, who was born in September 2017.
His father-in-law, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, was an Indian cricketer. His mother-in-law, Sharmila Tagore, is a former Bollywood actress.
Kunal’s brother-in-law, Saif Ali Khan is an actor and his sister-in-law, Kareena Kapoor is an actress.
Kunal made his debut in a lead with Mohit Suri’s “Kalyug.” Next, he portrayed the role of a money lender in Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Traffic Signal.” In 2007, he appeared in the film, “Dhol.” In 2008, he played a double role in “Superstar” and followed it by starring in “Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge,” “Jai Veeru,” and “99.”
Further, he appeared in “Golmaal 3,” “Blood Money,” “Go Goa Gone,” “Bhaag Johny,” and “Guddu Ki Gun.”
- In 2014, Kunal got a tattoo of “Lord Shiva” on his leg and was highly criticised on social media for his act. Later, he clarified the issue saying that he did that out of devotion and not with an intention to disrespect God.
- In 2016, his married life with Soha Ali Khan was rumoured to be in trouble. However, the actor denied all such rumours and said that they were still a happy couple.
Kunal owns a Volkswagen Touareg car and an MV AGUSTA 1090 bike.
With a net worth of $3 million, he gets paid ₹1-2 crore per film.
- Food: Rogan Josh, Creme Brulee, Chinese cuisine, Sizzler
- Hobbies: travelling, cooking
- Films: Andaz Apna Apna, Deewaar, Namak Halaal, Shahenshah, Omkara, The Matrix
- Directors: Anurag Kashyap, Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Sports: Cricket, football
- Cricketers: Sachin Tendulkar, M.S. Dhoni, Ricky Ponting, Andrew Flintoff
- Football Teams: Brazil, Argentina, Manchester United, Real Madrid
- Travel Destination: London, Greece
- Restaurants: Mainland China, Yokos in Mumbai
- Kunal is fondly called Chotu by his family and friends.
- He resides at a flat in Sunder Villa near Linking Road, Khar, Mumbai.
- He has tattooed “Lord Shiva Tattoo” on his leg and “Om Namah Shivaya” on his back.
- Kunal belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit Family from Srinagar but later they relocated to Mumbai.
- He drinks alcohol occasionally.
- During an interview, he said that he would have been a musician or a writer if he hadn’t been an actor.
- Kunal met Soha for the first time on the sets of “Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge,” and they hardly exchanged any words. Initially, he thought that they could never be friends but they came close to each other while shooting for the film, “99” and eventually got married.
- He received a flat worth ₹9 crore, as a ‘wedding gift,’ from his mother-in-law, Sharmila Tagore.