Kusha Kapila is an Indian content writer, actress, and social media celebrity who works for the popular Indian media platform, iDiva. She is best known for playing the fictional character “Billi Maasi.”
Kusha Kapila was born on Tuesday, 19 September 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Delhi. She grew up in North Delhi and did her schooling from South Delhi. Kusha attended Delhi University’s Indraprastha College for Women to pursue her graduation in English Literature. She, then, went to the National Institute of Fashion Technology to pursue Bachelor of Design. While in college, Kusha joined theatre and did street plays. Initially, she desired to become a journalist. After completing her graduation, she started working as a Merchandising Intern at Bhartiya International. She worked there for 3 months and joined Chisell Effects, Noida as a Product Design Intern.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Husband
Not much is known about her parents. Kusha is married to Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia (Employee at Diageo).
Kusha Kapila started her career in 2013 as a Fashion Correspondent for a Delhi-based firm Apparel Online. She, then, worked as a Trend Analyst and Content Writer for Fashion Forward Trends. In May 2014, she joined Razorfish and started working as a copywriter. Subsequently, she worked as a Digital Content Head and Content Developer. In 2016, she moved to Times Internet and worked there as a Fashion Editor. Thereafter, she joined iDiva as a writer and got bumped up to a fashion editor there. At iDiva, Kusha started creating videos for their Facebook page.
While making the videos, she created the character “Billi Masi,” which, later, went on to become a huge hit and Kapila came into the limelight. Subsequently, she portrayed many other characters which were well received by the audience. Kusha has also worked with many popular faces from the Bollywood including Abishek Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor.
Kusha once got a backlash for stereotyping women in her videos, especially the South Delhi girls.
- Food: Chicken Wings, Sushi Platter
- Travel Destination: Singapore
- Colour: Red
- Actress: Tabu
- Her hobbies include listening to music, watching movies, and swimming.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Kusha loves poetry and does a little content piece called “Kavita Ki Kavita.”
- She is well versed in Hindi and English languages.
- Kusha has featured on the covers of magazines like Harper’s Bazaar.
- She is an active philanthropist and is associated with NGOs like VoLIndia and Naz Foundation (India) Trust.
- Kusha met Karan Johar for the first time during a fashion week in Mumbai. When she reached the venue, she was amazed to see Karan waving at him and saying that he was a big fan of Kusha.
- Kusha took the idea of her popular character “Billi Masi” from a lady that she met in real life. Kusha came across that lady at a friend’s relatives’ party at Chattarpur Farms in Delhi.