Maha Ali Kazmi is a Pakistani singer and songwriter. She is often referred to as the next ‘Nazia Hassan.’
Maha Ali Kazmi was born into an affluent family in 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2018) in Karachi, Pakistan.
She spent her childhood in Karachi and after completing her schooling, she moved to Australia to attain her further education. She got herself enrolled in Monash University, Melbourne, Australia to pursue her Bachelor of Business & Commerce in Finance & Macroeconomics degree. She also did a Diploma in Business Administration. While studying there, she also worked with professional musicians as a part of the church choir. Maha Ali grew up listening to the classical music of Antonio Vivaldi and Beethoven and developed a deep interest in music from an early age. At the age of 16, she joined an underground band in Karachi and started writing songs for them. It was her father who introduced her to a wide collection of music; ranging from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s to Lata Mangeshkar’s songs.
After completing her studies, Maha Ali returned to Karachi and gave audition for Cornetto Music Icons. Kazmi was selected as a backup vocalist for ARY Digital’s show where she got an opportunity to work with singers like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Ali Azmat, and Aamir Zaki.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel Green Blue
Figure Measurements: 32-28-34
Family, Caste & Husband
Maha Ali belongs to a Kashmiri Muslim Family and follows Islam. Her father, Ali Asghar Raza, is a civil engineer of Kashmiri descent who migrated to Pakistan in 1964. Her mother is Fatima Ali Asghar. She has a sister named Ana.
Kazmi’s maternal great-grandfather, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, was the tenth and last Nawab of Awadh.
Maha Ali tied the knot with Ali Zaidi on 13 February 2016.
Maha Ali Kazmi made her singing debut in 2013 with a single track “Nazar,” which was produced by Overload Band. The song was very much liked by the audience and Kazmi became a household name in Pakistan as well as in India.
Subsequently, she performed at various stage shows and events.
Thereafter, she launched her single tracks like “Jana Nahin” (2014), “Summer Nights” (2017), “Aaj Sun Ke Tumhara Naam” featuring Aamir Zaki (2017), and “Sitaron Ki Khoj” (2018).
- Food: Hot Pot, Salads, Chocolates
- Destination: Kashmir, Hunza Valley in Pakistan
- Songs: ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon, ‘Gulon mai rang bhare’ by late Mehdi Hasan
- Singers: John Lennon, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin
- Quote: “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”- Elbert Hubbard
- Her hobbies include shopping, reading, dancing, and travelling.
- Kazmi has often been spotted drinking alcohol.
- Her ancestral home is in the Indian Kashmir.
- Her mother revealed during an interview that Kazmi didn’t want to learn to cook.
- Maha Ali loves dancing and is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Maha Ali loves to shop. She hates saving and believes in spending all her income.
- Maha Ali is an avid cat lover.
- Kazmi is very close to her mother and during an interview, she told that her mother was her biggest fan and harshest critique. She also added that “She’s the first person whose advice I seek for all music matters, and the first person to get to listen to the songs I write.”
- Kazmi is against the Islamic extremist organisations who oppose the entry of girls in the music industry. She says- ” It was understandable why the girls quit in the face of death threats issued by the orthodox and conservative elements. But if ever I am in such a situation, I will not back down because if Malala Yousafzai could stand up for her rights, so can I.”