Maithili Thakur is an Indian singer. She came into the spotlight by participating in Colors TV’s singing reality show “Rising Star.”
Maithili Thakur was born on 25 July 2000 (age 18 years; as in 2018) in Benipatti, Madhubani, Bihar. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She started learning music from her grandfather when she was just 4 years old. She would often notice her grandfather singing and would try to match her notes with that of her grandfather’s. Maithili received her school education till 5th standard from her home as the school was far away from her place. She, then, relocated to Delhi with her family, where her father was a Music teacher. Maithili attended Delhi’s Bal Bhavan International School to complete her senior secondary education. When her father came to know about Maithili’s singing desires he started giving her music lessons. In 2011, Thakur auditioned for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs but got rejected. Subsequently, she gave auditions for many singing reality shows but got eliminated after being selected in the Top 20. This happened 6 times until she got selected as a contestant in Colors TV’s “Rising Star.” In 2017, she participated in Rising Star and emerged as the 1st runner up of the show.
— COLORS (@ColorsTV) March 21, 2017
Maithili made her singing debut with the album “Ya Rabb.”
Height (approx.): 5’ 2”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Maithili belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Ramesh Thakur, is a music teacher and her mother, Bharti Ramesh Thakur, is a housewife. She has two younger brothers- Rishav Thakur and Ayachi Thakur.
- Actress: Alia Bhatt
- Food: Chole Bhature, Pani Puri, South Indian Cuisine
- Her hobbies include singing and playing the Harmonium.
- Maithili owns a YouTube channel titled “Maithili Thakur” where she showcases her singing videos.
- She credits her father, Ramesh Thakur, for all the success that she has achieved.
- Although Maithili is a trained classical singer, yet she sings songs of all genre beautifully.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Tannu.