Malavika Nair is an Indian actress who mainly appears in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam films. She came into the limelight after appearing in the Malayalam film “Black Butterfly.”
Malavika Nair was born on Monday, 5 January 1998 (age 24 years; as in 2020) in Delhi. Soon after her birth, her family shifted to Kerala. She did her schooling from Kochi’s Toc H Public School and New Delhi’s DAV School. She was a student of science in class 11 and 12 and wanted to become an astronomer. She did her graduation in arts from St Francis College for Women, Begumpet, Hyderabad. Malavika was good at sports in her school days.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Malavika Nair belongs to a Hindu Family. Not much is known about her parents and siblings.
While she was in school, she started modelling for various advertisements. She, then, featured in the music video of the song “Rithukkal.” At the age of 13, she started receiving acting offers. Initially, she did small roles in films like “Ustad Hotel” and “Karmayodha.” She played her first lead role in the Malayalam film “Black Butterfly” in which she portrayed ‘Reena’ (a house maid who faces an acid attack). Next, she played a blind girl in the Tamil romantic drama “Cuckoo.”
In 2015, she made her Telugu film debut with the film “Yevade Subramanyam.” Subsequently, she appeared in films like “Kalyana Vaibhogame,” “Nadigaiyar Thilagam,” “Taxiwala,” and “Kannadi.”
- Food: Vada Pav, Pav Bhaji
- Travel Destination: Kashmir
- Her hobbies include writing, reading novels, and painting.
- Malavika never wanted to pursue her career in acting. It was her father who wanted Malavika to become an actress and motivated her to take acting projects.
- Malavika portrayed a blind girl in the film “Cuckoo.” Interestingly, she attended a workshop for a week, where she interacted with blind people; as she wanted to prepare herself for the role.
- She shares a great bond with the film director, Nandini Reddy.
- She has got a tattoo inked on her left wrist.
- Malavika is an avid cat lover and has a pet cat, Furry.