Malhar Patekar is an Indian actor and assistant director. He is the son of the veteran actor Nana Patekar.
Malhar Patekar was born in Varsoli, Maharashtra.
He did his schooling from Mumbai’s Modern English High School and Saraswati Mandir High School and went to D. G. Ruparel College, Mumbai to pursue his Bachelor of Commerce. Malhar was shy as a kid. He was good at sports in his school days. Malhar wanted to be a part of the cinema right from his childhood. Before stepping into filmmaking, he worked in the Genesis advertising agency for a year.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 80 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Malhar Patekar belongs to a Marathi Family. He is the son of Nana Patekar, actor and filmmaker and Neelakanthi Patekar, a former Bank Officer. He is more attached to his mother.
He is unmarried.
Malhar Patekar started his career as an assistant director with the film “The Attacks of 26/11” in which he worked under the director Ram Gopal Verma. Subsequently, he went to assist his father in the sequel of “Ab Tak Chappan.”
In 2013, he appeared in the Bollywood film “The Little Godfather.” Patekar has also done a small role in the film “Prahaar: The Final Attack” (1991). Thereafter, his father launched his own production house and Malhar worked as the producer under the banner of Nanasaheb Production House. In addition to acting and directing, he is also an active philanthropist and is connected to the Naam Foundation.
- Sport: Cricket
- His hobbies include travelling and reading.
- He resides at 304 Sheetal, Apna Ghar Society, Samarth Nagar, Andheri, Mumbai.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Malhar was offered a role in Ram Gopal Verma’s “Ab Tak Chappan 2” but his father, Nana Patekar rejected the offer.
- Malhar Patekar had an elder brother who died at the age of 2 due to health issues.
- He is an avid animal lover.
- Patekar considers his mother as his inspiration.