Malini Agarwal, popularly known as Miss Malini, is an Indian digital influencer, television host, entrepreneur, author, and a former radio jockey. She is the founder and creative director of the Bollywood, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog, “MissMalini.com.”
Malini Agarwal was born on Thursday, 26 May 1977 (age 43 years; as in 2020) in Allahabad. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
Malini grew up in different countries; as her parents worked with the Indian foreign service. She pursued B.A. in English Literature from Maitreyi College, Delhi University. Malini enjoyed dancing since childhood and grew up learning different dance forms like jazz, contemporary, and hip hop. After completing her graduation, Malini worked as a backup dancer at Ronica and The Planets for around six years. Thereafter, she moved to Mumbai to start her career as a radio jockey.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Malini’s father was an IFS officer. Her mother, Manjulika Agarwal, is a former Indian Foreign Service (IFS) employee. She has an elder brother, Alyosh, and a sister, Shalini.
Husband & Children
Malini met Nowshad Rizwanullah in 2007 during an event that Malini was hosting. The duo fell in love with each other and tied the knot in February 2012 after dating each other for around five years.
While in Mumbai, Malini joined MTV India as a Digital Channel Head in 2000. She worked their for around two years, and later, she started working as a radio jockey at Win 94.6 FM. While working as an RJ, Malini hosted shows like “Horn Ok Please,” “225,” “Tiger Time with Malini,” “Overdrive,” and “Malini till Midnight.” After a while, she got promoted as the Programming Director. Thereafter, Agarwal transitioned to digital TV and became the Head of Digital Content (India) of Channel V. Subsequently, she started writing a gossip column titled “Malini’s Mumbai” in Mid Day. Malini also worked as a Bollywood Correspondent at BBC Asia Network.
In 2008, Agarwal started her blog, “MissMalini.com” as a hobby. The blog was an extension to the gossip column, which she had been writing for many years with Mid Day. Gradually, the blog, which was started mere as a hobby, became a huge source of revenue for Malini. Malini also hosts the show “Inside access with Miss Malini” where she invites several celebrities and does fun stuff with them.
- Travel Destination(s): Australia, Maldives, New Zealand, South Africa, Thailand
- Her hobbies include travelling, dancing, watching Netflix, doing puzzles, and writing.
- Malini loves socialising. She often takes out time to party with her friends and play pool.
- Malini has created a Facebook group titled “Malini’s Girl Tribe,” whose objective is to provide women a safe, empowering, and uplifting space to connect and grow.
- Agarwal and her work has featured in many popular digital, print fashion, and lifestyle publications, including “Elle,” “Cosmopolitan,” “Harper’s Bazaar,” “Grazia,” and “Femina (India).”
- Malini has written a book titled “To The Moon: How I Blogged My Way To Bollywood.”
- She has a good command over Hindi, English, and French languages.
- Malini’s company, Miss Malini Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., has covered many big events like Lakme Fashion Week, Blender’s Pride Fashion Tour, and India Resort Fashion Week as a media partner.
- Malini has got two tattoos inked on her back.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Mylo.
- Malini is a fitness enthusiast and does exercise everyday to keep herself fit.