Manju Sunichen, better known as Manju Pathrose, is an Indian actress and vlogger who mainly appears in the Malayalam films and TV serials. She came into the spotlight by playing the role of ‘Shyamala’ in the popular comedy sitcom “Marimayam.”
Manju Pathrose was born on Thursday, 27 February 1986 (age 34 years; as in 2020) in Kizhakkambalam, Kochi, Kerala. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She attended Njaralloor’s Bethlehem Girls High School and went to Bharata Mata College, Ernakulam to pursue her graduation. She was inclined towards dance since childhood and grew up learning different dance forms. One day she received a phone call saying that they required people who were good at dance for a film titled “Chakram.” Manju got surprised by the call and gave the audition for the film. It was a movie by the filmmaker Lohithadas, and Manju bagged the role of the villain’s wife in the film.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Manju Pathrose was born into a middle-class family to Pathrose and Reetha. She has one brother. Manju is married to Sunichan Echos, a percussionist. Together they have a son, Ed Bernard.
Manju Pathrose started her acting career in 2003 with the Malayalam film “Chakram” in which she played the role of ‘Madhavi.” Next, she appeared in films like “North 24 Kaatham,” “Jilebi,” “Kammatipaadam,” “Thottappan,” and “Kalyanam.”
She made her television debut in 2012 by participating in the family reality show “Veruthe Alla Bharya.” It was her role of ‘Shyamala’ in the comedy sitcom “Marimayam” that earned her recognition. Subsequently, she featured in sitcoms like “Mayamohini” and “Kunnamkulathangaadi.”
- Kerala State Television’s Special Jury Award for the TV show Aliyan VS Aliyan (2017)
- Flowers Television Award for Best Comedian (Special Jury) for the TV show “Marimayam” (2017)
- Her hobbies include travelling, reading, and writing.
- Manju shared in an interview that she desired to do a strong role in a film someday.
- Before becoming an actress, Manju was a teacher in a private school in Kerala.
- Manju was overweight in her childhood.
- In her school days, she received the nicknames ‘Barrel,’ ‘The Trunk,’ and ‘The Kuttiyana’ from her friends.