Michel Joelsas is a Brazilian actor. He made his debut in the Brazilian film industry with the movie ‘The Year My Parents Went on Vacation’ (2006), which helped him earn immense popularity and a nomination at the 29th edition of the Young Artist Awards in the category of ‘Best Performance in Foreign Films.’ Later, he starred in various other Brazilian movies as well as soap operas. In 2020, Michel gained his international recognition with Netflix’s series, ‘Kissing Game,’ a Brazilian teen drama, in which he portrayed the character of ‘Chico,’ one of the protagonists of the show.
Michel Joelsas was born on Saturday, March 18, 1995 (age 25 years; as in 2020), in São Paulo, Brazil. He studied in a school in the Jewish community, ‘I.L. Peretz Colégio Eeipsg Unid.II,’ in São Paulo. While shooting for ‘Que Horas Ela Volta’ in 2015, Michel Joelsas appeared for entrance examinations by ‘Fuvest,’ an autonomous institution responsible for conducting admission exams in the state of São Paulo, to study business administration. After a year of studying in the business school, Michel left the course claiming that it didn’t meet his expectations and that he wanted to write and direct cinema.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Color: Medium Ash Blonde
Eye Color: Lavender grey
Family & Ethnicity
Michel Joelsas belongs to a Jewish family. . In an interview, he said,
My father is orthodox , my liberal mother . I practice all traditions and festivities a lot.
Parents & Siblings
Michel Joelsas’ mother’s name is Marisa Joelsas. His sister’s name is Daniela Joelsas.
In 2011, Michel Joelsas made his television debut with the soap opera, ‘Julie and the Ghosts,’ on a Brazilian TV channel in which he portrayed the character of ‘Nicolas.’
Thereafter, he appeared in various other soap operas like, ‘Malhação’ (2014), ‘Manual para se Defender de Aliens, Ninjas e Zumbis’ (2017), and ‘Rotas do Ódio’ (2018). In 2020, he portrayed a prominent character, ‘Chico,’ in Netflix’s series ‘Kissing Game.’
In 2006, Michel Joelsas made his debut in the Brazilian film industry with the movie ‘The Year My Parents Went on Vacation,’ in which he played the role of ‘Mauro,’ a young boy whose parents go on a vacation unexpectedly. Michel earned a nomination at the 29th edition of the Young Artist Awards in the category of ‘Best Performance in Foreign Films’ for playing the character of ‘Mauro.’
Afterward, he starred in several films such as, ‘Ópera do Mallandro’ (2007), ‘A Suprema Felicidade’ (2010), and Charles Manson (2012). In 2015, Michel appeared in the award-winning drama film ‘The Second Mother‘ in which he played the role ‘Fabinho,’ a teenage boy who shares a son-like relationship with his nanny.
Later, he also appeared in films like ‘Eu Fico Loko’ (2017), and ‘O Cão Silencioso’ (2020).
- In 2007, nominated in the category of ‘Best Actor’ in Brazil ACIE Awards for the movie ‘The Year My Parents Went on Vacation’
- In 2007, nominated in the category of ‘Best Actor’ in Brazil Contigo Cinema Award for the movie ‘The Year My Parents Went on Vacation’
- In 2007, Brazil Quality Award in the category of ‘Best New Actor’ for the movie ‘The Year My Parents Went on Vacation’
- In 2008, nominated for the ‘United States Young Artist Awards’ for Best Performance in Foreign Films, for the movie ‘The Year My Parents Went on Vacation’
- Michel Joelsas got his big break in the award-winning movie, The Year My Parents Went on Vacation (2006) at the age of just 10 years old. Although, it was a huge breakthrough, which made headlines, Michel claims that it did not hinder his childhood. In an interview, he said,
It was a very strong experience. It was a job, but I had a lot of fun, especially with the relationships created on the set…I went back to school as if nothing had happened. The film didn’t take anything away from my childhood.”
- Before appearing on the show ‘Julie and the Ghosts,’ he made a cameo appearance in an episode of the show ‘Maysa – Quando Fala o Coração’ (2009).
- He also participated in a swimming championship in Australia and used to practice sports such as handball, muay Thai, boxing, and, football.