Neeraj Madhav is a popular Malayali film actor. He played the character of ‘Moosa Rehman’ in the TV web series ‘The Family Man’ (2019).
He was born on Monday, 26 March 1990 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Thiruvannur, Calicut. His zodiac sign is Aries. He did his schooling from St. Joseph’s Boys Higher Secondary School in Calicut (Kozhikode), Kerala. He did his graduation from SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai. Later, he completed post-graduation in theatre from the School of Drama and Fine Arts, Thrissur, Kerala.
Family, Caste & Wife
He was born into a South-Indian family. His father, Dr K. Madhavan is a veterinarian and mother, Latha is a teacher. He has a younger brother, ‘Navneeth,’ who is an actor and dancer and has appeared in the South-Indian movies like Shikkar (2010) and Manikyakkallu (2011).
On 2 April 2018, he got married to his girlfriend Deepthi, who is an engineer at TCS (Tata Consultancy Services).
He debuted in the Malayalam movie Buddy (2013). Later, he appeared in many hit movies including Drishyam (2013), 1983 (2014), Sapthamashree Thaskaraha (2014), Oru Vadakkan Selfie (2015), and Adi Kapyare Kootamani (2015). In 2015, he debuted as choreographer for the song Enne thallendammava. In 2017, he penned down the script of Lavakusha.
In 2019, he appeared in the Indian action drama web television series ‘The Family Man’.
Awards & Honours
2015: New Sensation in Acting (Male) for performance in various movies
North American Film Awards
2016: Special mention by the jury for performance in various movies
2017: Special mention by the jury for performance in Paippin Chuvattile Pranayam
Asianet Film Awards
2018: Best Star Pair for Paippin Chuvattile Pranayam
- Food: South-Indian Cuisines
- Choreographer: Prabhu Deva
- When he was in school, he participated in the first season of ‘Super Dancer;’ aired on Amrita TV.
- He is trained in Bharatanatyam dance form by Kalamandalam Saraswathy and her daughter, Aswathy. He is trained in playing ‘Chenda’ (a musical instrument) and is a supporter of Kalanilayam Udayan Namboodiri.
- He loves to buy shoes and has a huge collection of them.
- He is an animal lover, and his favourite pets are cats and dogs.
- His hobbies include dancing, travelling, and listening to music.