Pawan Singh is a famous Indian singer and actor who works in the Bhojpuri Cinema.
Pawan Singh was born on Sunday, 5 January 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in the Jokahari Village of Arrah City, Bihar. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He went to Kolkata in his childhood, where he did his primary schooling. He then returned to Arrah, where he did his intermediate schooling from H.N.K. High School. He then pursued his graduation from Maharaja College in Arrah.
Height (approx): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
His father’s name is Rama Shankar Singh.
His mother’s name is Pratima Singh.
He has a sister named Mala Singh. He also has two elder brothers.
He got married to Neelam Singh on 1 December 2014. However, after a few months of the marriage, on 8 March 2015, Neelam committed suicide at their home in Andheri, Mumbai.
His name has been linked to many Bhojpuri actresses, a few of them being, Kaavya Singh, Rani Chatterjee, Urvashi Chaudhary. Reportedly, he was also in a relationship with the actress Akshara Singh.
He did court marriage with fashion designer Jyoti Singh on 5 March 2018. On 6 March 2018, they got married again as per Hindu customs at a hotel in Chitbaragaon, Ballia.
Pawan Singh made his debut as a singer with the album “Odhaniya Wali” (1997).
He released many hit albums such as “Kaanch Kasailli” (1997) and “Lollypop Lagelu” (2008). The song “Lollypop Lagelu” from his album “Lollypop Lagelu” became an instant hit in India and abroad. Many of the international artists made many remixes of the song.
He made his acting debut with the Bhojpuri film “Rangli Chunariya Tohre Naam” in 2007.
He has acted in several hit Bhojpuri films such as Pratigya (2008), Pawan Purwaiya (2010), Devra Bada Satawela (2010), Saugandh Ganga Maiya Ke (2012), Truck Driver (2013), Sarkar Raj (2017), Satya (2017), Maa Tujhe Salaam (2018), Raja (2019), Crack Fighter (2019), and many more.
Akshara Singh and Pawan Singh’s rumours were on full bloom until he got married to Jyoti Singh in 2018. Post Pawan’s marriage with Jyoti, Akshara Singh accused Pawan of trying to sabotage her career. According to Akshara, she decided to end her relationship with Pawan after he got married. Instead, Pawan kept on pressurising her to be in the relationship. She also alleged that she had received death threats via call and messages from Singh. Following this, Akshara filed an FIR against Pawan Singh for defaming her and posting vulgar pictures and video on the internet.
Awards & Achievements
- Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award in 2017
International Bhojpuri Film Awards
- Best Male Singer in 2016
- Most Popular Actor Award in 2018
- Best Actor Jury Award for the film “Maa Tujhe Salaam” in 2019
- During his free time, he likes to sing and play the harmonium.
- His paternal uncle, Ajeet Singh is also a Bhojpuri singer. Ajeet Singh started giving singing lessons to Pawan Singh after he spotted him singing Bhojpuri Singer Munna Singh’s songs.
- While he was still training under his Uncle, Ajeet Singh, Pawan started to sing at local shows and event with him.
- He did his first recording for a music company called ‘Surya’ in his childhood.
- His cousins, Ritik Singh and Satish Singh are also Bhojpuri Singers.
- In 2014, Pawan Singh joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He was formally inducted by the BJP General Secretary Arun Singh, who garlanded Pawan with saffron stole in the presence of party’s General Secretary Bhupendra Yadav, and Minister of State for Home Affairs, Nityanand Rai.