Pearl V Puri is an Indian actor and model. From various commercials to Naagin 3, Pearl, standing true to his name, has carved a niche for himself in the television industry. Puri became an overnight sensation by playing the rock star “Abeer Malhotra” in Star Plus’ “Phir Bhi Na Maane…Badtameez Dil” (2015). Check out Pearl V Puri Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriends, Family, Caste, Religion, Biography, and More.
Pearl V Puri, nicknamed Golu, was born on 10 July 1989 (29 years) at Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh. Pearl completed his schooling from Maharishi Vidya Mandir Public School, Chhindwara, and Ragendra Swarup Public School, Agra. Pearl is very passionate about music since childhood. When he was in 7th standard, he used to hear Kailash Kher songs which inspired him to write many songs, and later he started singing and music composing. After schooling, he started his college at St. John’s College, Agra and completed his MBA in correspondence. The name ‘Pearl‘ was given to him by his mother. His strict father wanted him to join their family business, but he wanted to become an actor. To pursue his dream of becoming an actor, he left his cushy life and house in Agra and reached Mumbai, where he initially struggled a lot like any other newcomer. His father was against his decision of becoming an actor, but his mother always supported him and even gifted him a car on his birthday. His father was so upset about his decision to choose acting over their family business that he didn’t talk to him for around 2 years.
Pearl V Puri is a fitness freak and spends hours in the gym to stay fit. Pearl has 5’ 9” height, 75 kg weight and 42” chest, 34” waist and 16” biceps. Pearl has dark brown eyes and black hair colour. Pearl and Katrina Kaif have the same personal fitness trainer.
Family, Religion & Caste
Pearl V Puri is the only son of Vipin Puri (businessman) and Pummy Puri. Pearl has an elder sister, Reet Vohra. Pearl hails from an affluent business class Hindu Punjabi Khatri family. Although he was born in Madhya Pradesh, he spent his childhood and younger days in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Puri, yet unmarried, has had a very scandalous past. He is rumoured to have three actress girlfriends Asmita Sood, Hiba Nawab and Karishma Tanna.
Pearl had also been in a 9-year long relationship with a girl when he was in Agra, while he was in 10th standard. She used to be a hardcore Shah Rukh Khan fan, which inspired him to become an actor.
After completing his studies, Pearl left his house in Agra and moved to Mumbai to pursue his dream to be an actor. Although his father was strict, his mother always supported him. As for everyone dreaming to become an actor isn’t a cakewalk, he struggled a lot during his initial years in Mumbai. Later his modeling career got a kick start and end up featuring in many popular commercials for Maruti Ritz, Fair One Cream, Tata Docomo, Zen Mobile, Pizza Hut, Nestle Kit Kat, etc.
Later in 2011, he debuted in “Dil Ki Nazar Se Khoobsurat” which aired on Sony TV. His breakthrough acting role came when he was cast as Abheer Malhotra in Star Plus’ show “Phir Bhi Na Maane… Badtameez Dil”. However, the show went off-air abruptly and after a huge public demand, they were able to see it on Hotstar and got 3.5 million hits/day.
Another huge role which carved him into a big star is that of Mahir Sehgal in Naagin 3 which aired on Colors TV.
He also played two other lead roles as Satyendra Sharma in Meri Saasu Ma on Zee Tv and Arjun Shastri in Naagarjuna– Ek Yoddha.
Pearl V Puri is crazy about his cars and bikes. His car collection includes Audi and BMWxDrive.
He earns nearly ₹50,000/ day and gets ₹20,000/ episode.
- Pearl likes to binge on Cheese Sandwich, Chocolates, Dal Chawal and Pani Puri.
- R.D. Burman, A.R. Rehman and Justin Timberlake are his all-time Favourite Musician.
- He loves the song Mere Nishan by Darshan Raval.
- Puri likes to hang out at the restaurant Maharaja Bhog in Mumbai.
- His favourite holiday destination is the Seychelles.
Lesser Known Facts
- He does not smoke or drink alcohol.
- His hobbies are singing, reading, writing songs, hitting gym, travellinthe g, long drives and watching Netflix and playing snooker.
- He learned acting skills from his mentor Anupam Kher‘s Acting school, Actor Prepares.
- During his initial few years in Mumbai, he desperately missed his family battled anxiety, depression, and loneliness. He even suffered a severe anxiety attack on the sets of ‘Nagarjuna’ (2016).
- Despite his busy schedule, he still takes time for his other passion music. He is a complete package of music as he does singing, music composition and songwriting.
- He is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva.
- He is an avid animal lover.