Pratibha Advani is a television anchor, filmmaker, producer, entrepreneur, and media personality. She is the daughter of L. K. Advani, a BJP leader and former deputy prime minister of India.
Pratibha Advani was born in 1968 (age 50 years; as in 2018) in Gujarat. She attended Shri Ram College of Commerce to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Zoology. Pratibha was contemplating a future in genetic engineering. After completing her education, Pratibha actively participated in his father’s political campaigns for several years.
She inherited her love for cinema from her father, L. K. Advani and started her career as a media personality by presenting various chat shows.
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Pratibha belongs to a Sindhi Family. She is the daughter of L. K. Advani, the former Deputy Prime Minister of India and late Kamla Advani. She has a brother, Jayant Advani.
Prathibha got married to Kailash Thadani, a hotel executive. However, the couple parted ways after a few years of their marriage.
Pratibha started her career as a media personality by hosting talk shows like “Namaste Cinema” and “Retake with Pratibha Advani.”
Subsequently, she produced television shows like “Take care” and “Yaddein” that aired on Doordarshan. She made her television debut as a TV anchor with the SAB TV’s show “Swayam.” She also produced a patriotic documentary film “Ananya Bharati.” In May 2003, she established “Swayam Infotainment,” a media company and became the founder and director of the company. From 16 August 2010 to 7 May 2015, Pratibha served as the Cheif Financial Officer of NIIT Technologies Limited and on 8 May 2015, became the Chief Financial Officer of the Tata Communications Limited.
- Films: LOC, Lagaan, Mission Kashmir
- TV Show: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
- Her hobbies include watching movies, writing, reading, and doing yoga.
- Although she belongs to a family with a strong political background, yet she chose media as her line of career. She has earned a good name for herself in the media.
- Pratibha calls her father “Dada.”
- According to Pratibha, her favourite audience is her family. She always arranges a special screening of her movies at her place for her father, L.K. Advani, who is a movie buff.
- In 1996, she covered the general elections from Moscow and Singapore. She told during an interview that while in Moscow, she had to change 20 saris in four days as she was involved in the hourly bulletins.