Rabi Pirzada is a Pakistani pop singer and television host. She is famous for posting controversial comments and videos on her social media accounts.
Rabi was born on Monday, 3 February 1992 (age 27 years; as in 2019) in Quetta, Pakistan. She was a topper in her school and after completing her school, she pursued a bachelor degree in Computer Science and also intern as a software engineer intern. Later, she joined an MBA course but left it after two semesters.
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born into a Pakistani Muslim family. Her father ‘Major Humayun Pirzada’ is an ex-army officer of Pakistan, and her mother is an educationist and architect. She has two brothers.
In 2010, she got married to one of her family friend’s son named ‘Tahir Shah’ who is an ex-army man and now a businessman. They are blessed with two sons.
Since her school days, she was passionate about playing various musical instruments. She started her career as a singer in 2004. In 2005, she launched her album ‘Jadoo.’ The song ‘Daadi kure’ from this album was a hit. Some of her hit songs are Mujhe Ishq Hai, Jadoo, and Kisi Ke Ho Ke Raho.
She hosted many Pakistani TV talk shows including Friendly Opposition (2015), Weekend with Rabi (2016), and Noor Bibi (2018).
She debuted as an actress in the movie ‘Shor Sharaba’ (2018) along with the actress Meera.
- In 2017, she criticised the Bollywood movies and actor Salman Khan for promoting criminal activities.
- In 2019, she posted negative tweets against the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. She also posted a threatening video against him with her pet reptiles including snakes and a crocodile.
- Her private pictures and videos were leaked on Twitter on 1 Nov 2019. There were rumours that Pakistan Army spokesperson Major General Asif Ghafoor has leaked them; as he had a fight with Rabi. After this controversy, Rabi on her Twitter account announced that she was quitting the entertainment industry.
- Food: Pizza, Burger, and Biryani
- Her hobbies include painting, horse riding, and swimming.
- Apart from singing and acting she also practices karate and taekwondo.
- She often protests against the Indian Government for the freedom of Kashmir.
- She supports PTI (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf), a political party in Pakistan.
- She is a trained singer and was trained by Ustad Imtiaz Ali Khan.
- She is the owner of a salon in Lahore.
- She has performed with the singers Neha Kakkar and Sonu Kakkar.
- She owns a few reptiles and other animals like cat and dog. In 2019, she was penalised by the Pakistani Wildlife Department for keeping the reptiles as pets.
- She owns a licensed pistol.
- She loves riding motorcycles.