Rahkeem Rashawn Shane Cornwall is an Antiguan Cricketer who plays for the West Indies. In 2019, he was named for the West Indies Test squad to play against India. He is considered the heaviest international cricketer in the world.
Rahkeem Cornwell was born on Monday, 1 February 1993 (age: 26 years, as in 2019) in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Height (approx.): 6′ 5″
- Chest (approx.): 60 inches
- Waist (approx.): 50 inches
- Biceps (approx.): 22 inches
The information about his family and siblings is not known.
Cornwall made his domestic T20 debut for the Leeward Islands against Trinidad & Tobago at North Sound on 13 January 2011. He made his first-class debut for Jamaica against the Leeward Islands at Kingston on 5 December 2014. In July 2016, Cornwall was roped in for the West Indies Cricket Board President’s XI against India. He performed well in the first match; scored 41 runs and took 5 wickets. In 2017, when England toured the West Indies, he played important innings; having scored 59 runs and had a partnership of 123 runs to save his team from 55-5 to 233.
He was the leading wicket-taker for the Leeward Islands in the Regional Super 50 Tournament of 2018-19 with 14 wickets in 8 matches. In the 2018-19 Regional Four Day competition, he was the most successful bowler; he took 54 wickets in just 9 matches. In August 2019, he was selected for the Test squad for the national side of the West Indies to play against India. He has played for Antigua Hawksbills, Leeward Islands Under-19s, Leeward Islands, St Lucia Stars, West Indies A, and West Indies President’s XI at the domestic level. He made his international Test debut against India on 30 August 2019.
- He belongs to Antigua, which is a part of the Leeward Islands. The island has produced some of the best cricketers of all time such as Viv Richards, Curtly Ambrose, Andie Roberts, and Richie Richardson.
- He is a right-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler.
- Cornwall is the heaviest international cricketer in the world.
- West Indies Cricket Board is helping him transform his heavy body in perfect shape. He goes to Colorado (USA) regularly to receive fitness training.
- During the 5th season of Caribbean Premier League (CPL), Kieron Pollard taunted him when he was retired hurt after being hit by a ball delivered from Pollard.
- In the 2018-19 Regional Four Day competition, Cornwall was the most successful bowler; he took 54 wickets in just 17 innings of 9 matches.
- His hobbies are listening to music, watching and playing football.