Rajkumari Ratna Singh is an Indian politician and a 3-time Member of Parliament from the Pratapgarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Ratna Singh was born on Wednesday, 29 April 1959 (age 60 years; as in 2019) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She pursued her Bachelor of Commerce degree from the Jesus and Mary College in New Delhi. She belongs to the Royal family of the Kalakankar village in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste, and Husband
Ratna Singh belongs to a Thakur Family. Her father, Raja Dinesh Singh, was a prominent Indian politician. He was in the Congress Party and had also served as the Minister of External Affairs of India. Her father was in the cabinets of Indira Gandhi, as well as Rajiv Gandhi. Her mother’s name is Rani Neelima Kumari. She has five sisters, Maharani Rewa Kumari, Rajkumari Ravija Kumari, Yuvrani Rajitha Devi, Rajkumari Renuka Devi, and Abha Kumari.
Rajkumari Ratna Singh is married to Jai Singh Sisodia. They have two children, a daughter, Tanushree Singh, and a son, Bhuvanyu Singh (Businessman).
Ratna Singh joined the Indian National Congress in 1991. In February 1996, she was appointed as the General Secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC). In 1996, she was elected to the 11th Lok Sabha from the Pratapgarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh. After being elected to the parliament, she was included in the Executive Committee of the Congress Party in the Parliament.
In 1999, she was re-elected to the 13th Lok Sabha from Pratapgarh. She contested again in the 2004 General Elections, but she lost to Akshay Pratap Singh of the Jansatta Dal. In 2009, Ratna Singh was re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from Pratapgarh. In September 2009, she was chosen as a member of the Committee on Defence and the Committee on Finance. She contested the General elections in 2014, but she lost to Harivansh Singh of the Apna Dal. On 15 October 2019, she quit the Congress Party and joined the BJP in Lucknow in the presence of the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath.
- Bank Deposits: 6.30 lacs INR
- Jewellery: 2 kg Gold worth 50 lacs INR, 10 kg Silver worth 40 lacs INR
- Agricultural Land: worth 5.70 crores INR
- Non-Agricultural Land: worth 4.11 crores INR
- Commercial Building: worth 1.30 crores INR in Pratapgarh, UP
- Residential Building: worth 7 crores INR in Pratapgarh, UP
- Ratna Singh’s hobbies include Horse riding, playing squash, gardening, and reading.
- Her great grandfather was a founding member of the Congress Party. He was also good friends with Mahatma Gandhi. Reportedly, Mahatma Gandhi often used to visit her great grandfather’s house.