Rakhee Tandon is an Indian actor and producer. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Sweety Mathur’ in the popular TV serial, ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995); aired on Zee TV.
Rakhee Tandon was born on 22 July in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her schooling from Bai Ava Bai Framji Petit Girl’s High School in Mumbai. Later, she attended MMK College, Bandra in Mumbai to pursue her graduation.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
She belongs to a Punjabi family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Narinder Vijan, and her mother’s name is Geeta Saigal Vijan. She has one brother, Rishi Vijan and one sister, Pooja Vijan Puri.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Reportedly, she was engaged to the actor, Siddharth Dhawan, who is the cousin of Varun Dhawan. In 2004, she got married to Raveena Tandon‘ s brother, Rajiv Tandon. Later, in 2010, the couple got divorced.
She debuted as an actor in the DD National’s TV serial, ‘Dekh Bhai Dekh’ (1993). Some of her popular TV serials are ‘Banegi Apni Baat’ (1994), ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995), ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin’ (2003), ‘Madhubala– Ek Ishq Ek Junoon’ (2012), and ‘Naagin 4’ (2019).
She participated in the popular TV reality show, “Bigg Boss 2’ in 2008, in which Ashutosh Kaushik won the title. She has also acted in various Hindi films, including ‘Golmaal Returns’ (2008), ‘Thank You’ (2011), and ‘Krrish 3’ (2013).
In 2015, she acted in the TV serial, ‘Gangaa;’ in which she portrayed the character of ‘Ghungat Wali Mata,’ which is said to be inspired by the controversial Indian ‘Godwoman’- ‘Radhe Maa.’
She has produced a few TV serials, like ‘Cincinnati Bubblaboo’ (1998) and ‘Professor Pyaarelal’ (1999).
- Her family and friends call her Rocky.
- She loves drinking coffee.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies include listening to music, travelling, and shopping.
- Reportedly, she always wanted to become an actress, but her family was against it. Even after starting her career as an actor, her father did not talk to her for two years.
- In an interview, she shared that her favourite TV comedy show was ‘The Kapil Sharma Show.’