Ram Charan is an Indian actor, dancer, producer and entrepreneur who mainly works in the Telugu movies. He is best known as a star kid of renowned Telugu actor Chiranjeevi. He is one of the highest paid actors in Tollywood. Here in this article, you will get a full information from him. Check out Ram Charan Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Religion, Family, Biography & More.
Ram Charan is 33 years-old who was born on 27 March 1985 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His real name is Ram Charan Teja Konidela whereas his nickname is ‘Cherry’. He attended Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School, Chennai. He is a B.com dropout. During his school days, he used to participate in many dance and drama competitions.
He won many awards for his excellent work in the movies. Some of his winning awards are- two Nandi Awards, two South Filmfare Awards, two CineMAA Awards, two Santosham Best Actor Awards and many more.
He is a dashing guy who holds a charm on his face. He is approximately 5’ 8″ tall and weighs around 75 kg. He has a fit and strong body; chest is to be around 4 inches and biceps are 15 inches. He has brown eyes and light brown hair. He is a fitness freak who loves to keep his body in proper shape.
Family, Caste & Wife
Ram Charan is a Hindu boy who was born into the family of Telugu actors as he is the son of popular Telugu actor Chiranjeevi. His mother name is Surekha Konidela. He is an only brother of his two sisters– Sushmita (Elder) and Srija (Younger).
He is a nephew of famous actors Nagendra Babu (film producer), Pawan Kalyan (actor) are his uncles and Allu Arjun, Varun Tej, and Sai Dharam Tej are his cousins.
His maternal grandfather Allu Rama Lingaiah was a comedian and freedom fighter.
He got engaged in Hyderabad on 1 December 2011 and married on 14 June 2012 at the Temple Trees Farm House to a non-film girl, Upasana Kamineni, who is a Vice-Chairman of Apollo Charity and Chief Editor of B Positive magazine.
In 2007, he started his career as an actor from the Telugu movie ‘Chirutha’ which was a super flop.
His next film ‘Magadheera’ was a huge hit and ran for 757 days at cinema theatres.
He has appeared in many other movies like – ”Orange, ‘Racha’, ‘Yevadu’, ‘Govindudu Andarivadele’, ‘Khaidi No. 150’, ‘Rangasthalam’, etc.
In 2013, he worked in a Bollywood movie ‘Zanjeer’ for the first time in which he played the role of ‘ACP Vijay Khanna’. Apart from acting, he also worked as a producer in the Telugu movies- ‘Khaidi No. 150’ and ‘Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy’.
He had also tried his luck in singing. In 2013, he sang a Telugu song ‘Mumbai Ke Hero’ along with Jaspreet Jazz and Roshni Baptist for the Bollywood movie ‘Zanjeer’.
He also worked in many TVC ads and modelling assignments.
He is a successful entrepreneur, who serves on the board of directors of MAA TV. In 2015, he started his own Hyderabad-based airline business ‘TruJet’ and ‘Turbo Megha Airways’. He is the owner of a Polo Team ‘Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club’ in Hyderabad and the co-owner of the obstacle running series ‘Devil’s Circuit’.
- In Hyderabad, he scolded two software professionals, as they injured his security guards in a fight.
- Many times, the police gave him warnings, due to his loud midnight party.
Ram Charan’s salary as an actor is Rs 12 Crore per film whereas his net worth of $2 million.
- Cooking, reading and horse riding are his hobbies.
- He likes to eat Biriyani.
- Tom Hanks and Sridevi are his favourite celebrities.
- His likes to watch movies- ‘Gladiator’ and ‘Khaidi’.
- He likes to spend his holidays in New Zealand and London.
- He learned the acting skills from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai.
- His father Chiranjeevi is a big fan of Amitabh Bachchan and always wanted to work with him but, coincidentally Charan was able to work with him in the movie ‘Zanjeer’.
- If not an actor, he would have been an automobile engineer.
- In 2018, Charan gave a speech to the school students on the 72nd Independence Day.