Rashmika Mandanna is an Indian actress and model who mainly works in the Telugu and Kannada films. She is popularly referred to as the ‘Karnataka Crush’ by the Indian media and Kannada film industry.
Rashmika Mandanna was born on Friday, 5 April 1996 (age 23 years; as in 2019) in Virajpet (Virajapete), Kodagu, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She did her schooling from Kodagu’s Coorg Public School (COPS) and went to Mysore Institute of Commerce and Arts to pursue a pre-university course. After completing her schooling, Rashmika attended Bengaluru’s MS Ramaiah College of Arts Science & Commerce to pursue her graduation in Psychology, Journalism, and English Literature. While in college, she won the Clean & Clear Fresh Face 2014 contest and started taking up modelling assignments.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Boyfriend
Rashmika Mandanna is the daughter of Madan Mandanna and Suman Mandanna. She has a younger sister, Shiman Mandanna.
Rashmika met Rakshit Shetty (actor) during the making of her film “Kirik Party.” The duo fell in love and got engaged to each other on 3 July 2017 in a private ceremony in Virajpet. In September 2018, the couple mutually called off their engagement, citing compatibility issues.
Rashmika Mandanna started her career as a model in 2014 by participating in the Clean & Clear Fresh Face of India contest. In the same year, she was made the brand ambassador of Clean & Clear. Next, she received the title of TVC in Lamode Bangalore’s top model hunt. Her pictures from the contest caught the eyes of the makers of the film “Kirik Party,” who offered her the lead in the film.
Rashmika made her acting debut in 2016 with the Kannada film “Kirik Party” in which she played the role of ‘Saanvi Joseph.’ The film was a huge hit and went on to become one of the highest-grossing films of the year. Next, she appeared in two commercially successful films “Anjani Putra” and “Chamak.”
In 2018, Rashmika made her Telugu film debut with the romantic drama “Chalo.” In the same year, Mandanna featured in the romantic comedy “Geetha Govindam,” which became one of the highest profit earners in the history of the Telugu Cinema.
Subsequently, she featured in the Telugu film “Devadas” and established herself as one of the leading actresses of Telugu Cinema. In 2020, Rashmika bagged her debut Tamil film “Sultan.”
- In November 2019, Rashmika faced a nasty experience when a troll made a collage of her childhood pictures and called her a ‘dagar,’ which means prostitute in Kannada. The actress lashed out at the troll when she saw the meme.
- On 16 January 2020, the Income-Tax Department conducted a raid on Rashmika Mandanna’s house on the suspicion that Rashmika had evaded taxes. Around 15 Income Tax Officials arrived at her house in Kodagu to carry out a search and seizure operation. Interestingly, Rashmika was not present at her home when the raids were being conducted.
- Her hobbies include travelling and gymming.
- She has got an ‘Irreplaceable’ tattoo inked on her right forearm.
- Rashmika commands a huge fan following on her Instagram account with over 3.2 million followers.
- Rashmika was placed first in Bangalore Times list of ’30 Most Desirable Women of 2017.’
- Mandanna is one of the very few actresses who has entered Tollywood’s Rs. 100 crore club in a short span.
- Rashmika is one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in the Telugu and Kannada film industries.