Renee Kujur is an Indian model and social media personality. She is a look-alike of the RnB star, Rihanna. Renee is often referred to as the ‘Rihanna of India.’
Renee Kujur was born as Renu Kujur on Thursday, 31 January 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019) in Pirai village, Bagicha Tehsil, Jashpur district, Chhattisgarh. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Her parents could not support her education due to her father’s illness. However, Renee worked hard to complete her schooling. She was inclined towards modelling from a very young age. When Renee was just 3 years old, she participated in a fancy dress competition in her school. She dressed like a fairy and while she walked on the stage, someone shouted “Dekho Dekho Kali Pari” (Look, a black fairy) and everybody started laughing at her. Kujur was left in tears and went down the stage. After completing her schooling, she did odd jobs and started saving money for her portfolio.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Renee Kujur belongs to a Kurukh Adivasi (Scheduled Tribe) Family. Her father, Fidilius Kujur is a former government servant. Her mother, Felicita Kujur used to work as a house help. She has two siblings.
Renee Kujur started her modelling career at the age of 28 by featuring in print advertisements of various brands. She faced several rejections for her dark complexion until a friend of her recognised her uncanny resemblance with the pop-star, Rihanna. Renee instantly shot to fame when her photos of striking resemblance to Rihanna went viral on the internet. Subsequently, she started receiving modelling offers without altering her skin tone.
She is associated with the modelling agency, Satin Models India, and has worked with fashion designers like Pam Mehta, Chetan Chiller, and Vijay Balhara.
In 2016, Renee walked the ramp for the India Runway Week. She has also walked the ramp for Asian Designer Week.
Kujur has done modelling for brands like Reebok and Tommy Hilfiger. She has also modelled for Lara Morakhia Jewellery. Renee holds experience in Runway Walks, Catalog Shoots, and Look Books.
In 2019, Renee made her television debut by participating in the reality show “MTV Supermodel of the Year.”
- Song: “We Found Love” by Rihanna
- Her hobbies include travelling and shopping.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- Renee has featured on the cover of the Raipur Lifestyle Magazine.
- Not just her looks, Renee even shares a similar Instagram handle to Rihanna; Renee’s Instagram profile is named “badgirlrene,” which is a nod to Rihanna’s “badgirlriri.”
- Renee considers Rihanna her idol and says that her journey will get complete once she meets Rihanna in person.
- During an interview, Renee shared that earlier she had to deal with the photographers who asked the makeup artists to make her look “3-4 tones lighter.” They even photoshopped her pictures heavily to make her look fairer.
- Renne shared during an interview that some people even suggested her to sleep around with people to help her land a good job. She said,
They told me all models are into prostitution. I won’t become a model unless I pleased clients. Being dark had already killed my chances.”
- Renne revealed in an interview that she used to hide her actual age while modelling; as people rejected her on the basis of her age. She said,
People usually want younger models. I started my modelling career at the age of 28. People told me I was overage. Agencies rejected me only on the basis of my age without even meeting me in person.”
- Kujur credits her resemblance to Rihanna as the reason she has continued to get modelling gigs.
- Renee is fluent in Hindi and English languages.
- Renee was born as Renu. She later changed her name to Renee on the advice of a modelling agency.
- She has got two tattoos inked on her body.
- Before making a name in the field of modelling, Renee used to work as a salesperson in a Tommy Hilfiger store.
- She was felicitated by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) at 2018 India Couture Week Gala.