Roshan Prince is a Punjabi singer, actor, lyricist, record producer, and music composer. He came into the spotlight with his Punjabi song “Look/Lak.”
Roshan Prince was born as Rajiv Kaplish on 12 September 1981 (38 years; as in 2018) in Banga, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He did his schooling from Banga’s Sutlej Public School and went to Amardeep Singh Shergill Memorial College, Village Mukandpur to pursue his graduation. Thereafter, he completed his MA Music (Vocal) from the faculty of Music and Fine Arts, Delhi University and then, did a Diploma In Sangeet Shiromani from the Delhi University. He took his training in music from Professor Shamshad Ali. After completing his Diploma, Prince, he enrolled himself in Tejwan Kittu’s music institute to learn the details of the music. In the year 2006, he participated in the singing reality show “Awaaz Punjab Di” and emerged out as the winner of the show.
Height (approx.): 5’ 10”
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 41″, Waist 32″, Biceps 13″
Family, Caste & Wife
Prince was born into a Punjabi Hindu Family. Not much is known about his parents. He has two sisters.
Roshan Prince is married and has a daughter, Gopika and a son, Gaurik.
Roshan Prince started his singing career in 2006 with his album “Aawaz Punjab Di.” Next, he launched his duet album “Prince n Pooja live” along with Miss Pooja. In 2012, he received immense popularity from his song “Look/Lak.” Subsequently, he has released many hit Punjabi songs including “Mr Pendu,” “Dist. Sangrur,” “Tera Yaar Bolda,” “Ik Hor Mr Pendu,” “Dil Darda,” “Bas Tu,” and “Guzarishaan.” In 2017, his song “Pekeyan Nu” became a huge hit and crossed 4 million views on YouTube within a week.
Roshan made his acting debut in 2009 with the Punjabi film “Lagda Ishq Hogaya.” Subsequently, he featured in Punjabi films like “Sirphire,” “Naughty Jatts,” “Fer Mamla Gadbad Gadbad,” “Ishq Brandy,” “Mundeyan Ton Bachke Rahin,” and “Main Teri Tu Mera.”
- Films: Baazigar, Hum Aapke Hain Koun
- Directors: Anurag Singh, Pankaj Batra
- His loves playing football and sleeping in his leisure time.
- According to Prince, if he would not have been a singer, he would have been a music teacher.
- He mentioned in an interview that his dream project would be to work for underprivileged girls and help their families in conducting their marriages.
- Before becoming a singer, Prince wrote lyrics for the song “Cham Cham Ron Akhiyan” which was sung by the noted Punjabi singer, Hans Raj Hans.
- His grandfather, Pt Roshan Lal, was a noted musician.
- Prince never thought of becoming a singer. He went to the auditions of ‘Awaaz Punjab Di’ to drop one of his friends there and his friend advised him to fill a form for the auditions. They then decided to fill up various forms with different names out of which one of his forms got selected for the auditions and Prince got selected for the show.
- His name is a combination of his grandfather’s name “Roshan” and his nickname “Prince.”
- He has got a musical tattoo on his right forearm which expresses “Music is Life.”