Shay Shariatzadeh is a Canadian engineer who works as a product manager for a computer software development firm, Sonatype. Shay recently broke the internet when the news of John Cena and Shay getting married got out. She is the wife of 16-time WWE World Champion. John Cena.
Shay Shariatzadeh was born in 1989 (age 31 years; as of 2020) in Iran. Shay moved to Canada with her family and completed her education in Vancouver, Canada. Shay has worked in the field of sales and after getting a degree, she moved to the field of software engineering.
Height (approx): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eyes Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Shay’s mother is a surgeon who works in Vancouver. Shay Shariatzadeh has an elder brother who is an engineer.
Shay Shariatzadeh got married to WWE Champion, John Cena on October 12, 2020 (Monday) in Florida.
Shay Shariatzadeh saw her mother as an inspiration for her as her mother moved to another country to provide her kids with a better life. Shay pursued a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from The University of British Columbia. Shay started working when she was 18 and her first job was as a sales associate at a Canadian lingerie retailer, La Vie En Rose. In 2009, Shay joined Guess as a sales associate and worked there for two years before switching her field to software development and testing. She then worked with several firms like Alpha Technologies Ltd. and Motorola Solutions and then joined Sonatype in 2019 as a product manager.
- Shay Shariatzadeh and John Cena have been together for more than a year now. They both met each other in a restaurant in Vancouver when John Cena was shooting for the film ‘Playing with Fire’ (2019). The couple was often seen outside during their lunch and dinner dates.
- John Cena made the relationship public when Shay went along with him on the red carpet for the premiere of the film ‘Playing with Fire’ (2019). During the event, the couple was seen holding hands and getting their pictures clicked.
- John Cena had a controversial split with his ex-fiancee, Nikki Bella, in 2018. The reason behind the split was that Nikki wanted to start a family with John Cena but he was not ready for it.
- In an interview, Nikki Bella spoke to a magazine telling them about how she felt when she got to know about the news of John Cena dating Shay Shariatzadeh. Nikki was happy to know that John is starting a new life but she also said that if Shay ever hurts him, she will ‘rack attack her in a heartbeat’ as Nikki is still protective of John Cena.
- Since October 2013, Shay has been working as a mentor for the new students and helping the UBC in developing and maintaining connections to help them build a stronger industry and community for the upcoming students.
- Shay Shariatzadeh and John Cena were spotted outside the marriage registrar’s office earlier this month and on October 12, 2020, the couple flew out to Florida with their family and close friends to get married.