Shruti Arjun Anand is a popular Indian YouTuber and fashion blogger. Her YouTube channel is mainly about DIY makeup and hair care fixes.
Shruti Arjun Anand was born on Sunday, 27 October 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019), in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She attended Army Public School, Jhansi. She did her engineering in Computer Science.
Height: 5′ 3″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in a middle-class Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
She has an elder brother, Ankur Anand.
Relationships, Husband & Children
On 21 November 2009, she got married to Arjun Sahu who is an ex-engineer, and he is now working as a YouTuber too. She has one daughter and her name is Anaya.
Shruti started working as an engineer at Steria India Limited, after completing her graduation. In 2011, when she was in the USA, she made her first YouTube video. She started uploading more beauty and fashion videos on her YouTube channel, ‘ShrutiArjunAnand.’ When she returned back to India from the USA in 2013, she quit her engineering job and started working on YouTube full-time profession. In an interview, she said,
I was in the US when I uploaded my first video – it was on hairstyles. I would try different hairstyles before I shot the video, and people seemed to like my work. I thought maybe this is what I am good at. This was 2012; By early 2013, I was getting paid by YouTube through the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). In April 2013, she returned back to India with her family.
Apart from the makeup videos, she makes comedy videos on her YouTube channel. She is the owner of two companies, ‘ShrutiArjunAnand Digital Media’ Pvt. Ltd. and ‘Shruti Makeup & Beauty Private Limited.’
- Song: Tera Mera Pyaar Sanam by Neeraj Sridhar
- Colours: Pink, Royal Blue, Green, Orange, and Purple
- Destination: Pennsylvania
- Makeup Product: INGLOT – Gel Eyeliner No 77
- Shruti is accompanied by her other eight family members in making YouTube videos, including her husband, her cousins & their wives. They all are full-time YouTubers including Shruti’s daughter.
- In an interview, when Shruti was asked to share one beauty tip, she said,
In your entire outfit, there should be only 1 statement piece and everything else should be neutral to make your outfit interesting.
- She shared the biggest challenge she faced while starting her career as a YouTuber, she said,
I think the biggest challenge at the start was to convince all my family members. I come from a middle class family background and putting yourself infront of camera and on social media platforms needed a lot of courage and convincing. Arjun was always supportive of whatever I decided in my career but for my parents and in-laws it took some time until they realize and fully understood what I was doing.
- In 2016, she was listed among the Top 10 Indian YouTubers including Bhuvan Bam, Nisha Madhulika, and Sanam Puri in the list.