Srinidhi Shetty is an Indian Model and Actress in Kannada film industry. She is the 2nd Indian to win the beauty pageant “Miss Supranational” in 2016 after Asha Bhat. She made her debut into the film industry with 2018’s Kannada movie ‘KGF’ opposite Yash. Let’s find out some interesting facts about Srinidhi.
Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty was born on 21 October 1992 (age 26; as in 2018) in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. She did her schooling from Sri Narayana Guru English Medium School, Mangalore, and later, enrolled in St. Aloysius Pre-University College, Mangalore. Further, she completed her Bachelors of Technology in Electrical and Electronics from Jain University, Bangalore. Other than being a bright student, Srinidhi participated in various fashion shows during her college days.
Growing up watching several beauty pageants on television, she had a dream to be one. Initially, she was associated with Accenture, Bangalore as a Software Engineer. She later quit her job with Accenture in order to pursue her dream career of a model and a beauty queen.
Height: 5’ 8”
Eye Colour: Brown-eyed
Figure measurements: 33-27-34
Family, Boyfriend & Caste
Srinidhi is born into a Hindu Family to Ramesh Shetty and late Kushala Shetty in Karnataka. She lost her mother while she was in the 10th Standard due to illness. She has two sisters, Amrita Shetty and Priyanka Shetty. Srinidhi is the youngest of the three daughters.
During her college days, Srinidhi was an NCC cadet and an active participant in various fashion shows. After resigning from Accenture, Srinidhi participated in different beauty pageants. She was supported to chase her dreams by her father during her career as a model. In 2012, she stood to be amongst the top 5 contestants in Clean & Clear Fresh Face. Subsequently, in 2015, Srinidhi stood out to be the winner of Mannapuram Miss South India, Miss Karnataka, and Miss Beautiful Smile. She contested in Mannapuram Miss Queen and became the 1st runner-up.
On 2 December 2016, she represented India in Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Supranational held in Poland and won the title of “Miss Supranational.” Srinidhi was also declared to be the winner of “Miss Supranational Asia and Oceania” in 2016.
After winning Miss Supranational, she started receiving many offers to act in movies. She marked her debut as a lead actress in 2018 Kannada film, K.G.F, starring ‘Yash‘.
- Srinidhi loves eating Pizza, Briyani, and Chicken Sukka.
- Her most cherished author is Paulo Coelho.
- Srinidhi’s favourite quote is “If you want to be successful, don’t seek success- seek competence, empowerment; do nothing short of the best you can do”.
- Her hobbies include dancing, yoga, travelling, and swimming.
- She was a brilliant student and attained 93.5% in her matriculation and an overall score of 85% in her Engineering.
- Srinidhi became the successor of the 52nd edition of the Femina Miss India.
- In 2015, when she was decided to audition for Miss Diva, she met with an accident and broke her toe. She was advised complete bed rest for 3 months.
- Prior to Engineering, Srinidhi wanted to become a Doctor, but she landed up into modelling and ultimately as an Actress in the Kannada film industry.
- Srinidhi was often criticized for her accent during her modelling days and was even told to work out on her communication skills.
- Her first salary as a Software Engineer was ₹23,000 which she gave to her father, but later asked the money back as she was not having enough money.