Ssumier Pasricha is a famous Indian actor, comedian, and TV presenter. Ssumier became a household name after featuring in videos in the role of Pammi Aunty. Let us get to know more about Ssumier Pasricha’s personal life, career and other interesting facts.
Ssumier S Pasricha is a famous Indian actor and comedian. Pasricha appeared in many national and international movies, TV soaps, and theatre acts. He is also believed to resemble the Indian superstar Shahrukh Khan. Ssumier shot to fame after creating videos and presenting himself as Pammi Aunty which went viral.
The actor, as well as the comedian, started his theatre journey at the tender age of 5 and did several plays like Ali Baba Chalis Chor (2002) as Abdullah, Heart to Heart (2007), Woh Din Wo Log (2009) as Chabba, Mahim Junction (2009-2011) as Randy Bhai, Amavas Se Amaltas (2017) as Man with Autism, etc. After schooling, he went to Australia for further studies. Ssumier used to work as a Radio Jockey in Australia at a local radio station after which he became an active member of Indian Society of Western Australia. Besides being a theatre artist and a radio jockey, he is also a trained Indian classical dancer and singer. He received five years of training from Raja and Radha Reddy in classical dance and 13 years of training in classical music.
Ssumier Pasricha stands tall at 5′ 8″ and weighs around 65 kilos. The comedian’s body stats are well-proportionated with 40″ chest, 32″ waist, and 12″ biceps. He has got dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Religion & Girlfriend
Ssumier S Pasricha was born on 12 May 1980 (38 years) in Delhi, India to businessman, Surinder Pasricha and Ritu Pasricha in a Punjabi Hindu family. He has one sister, Sakshi Suriyakiran.
He is unmarried as of now.
Ssumier Pasricha did his schooling from Modern School, New Delhi. After completing his school, he moved to Australia and got himself enrolled in the University of Notre Dame, Australia from where he graduated in Master of Business Administration (MBA). He later shifted to Mumbai to fulfil his childhood dream of becoming an actor.
Ssumier got a breakthrough role in 2011 in the TV serial Sasural Simar Ka as Shailendra Bharadwaj aka Shailu.
He also acted in a documentary film ‘Doc’ It Yourself (2016). In the same year, 2016, he made his appearance in the famous comedy TV show Comedy Nights Bachao Season 2.
Ssumier Pasricha also featured in numerous TV commercial advertisements for popular brands like Idea Cellular, Imperial Blue, The Pitch, Mahindra Bike, McDonald’s, Snapdeal, PediaSure, Tata Cliq, etc.
Pasricha was also the host for award shows like Zee Cine Awards (2017), and Jio Filmfare Awards- Punjabi (2017).
Ssumier also reviewed MTV Roadies on the Voot’s famous web series Pammi Aunty Rising – The deadliest Critic Ever in 2017.
The deadliest critic ever just decided to take on #RoadiesRising. Watch Pammi Aunty’s snap and crackle on Voot: https://goo.gl/fb78Yt
MTV India ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಶನಿವಾರ, ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 1, 2017
Pasricha played the lead character of Pammi aunty in ALT Balaji’s web series Pammi Aunty (2017).
Ssumier Pasricha also runs his YouTube channel on which he has posted numerous videos as Pammi Aunty.
Ssumier has done digital campaigning on Amazon India for Diwali Campaign and on Pepsico India for Campaign for Kurkure. Apart from being a great actor and comedian, he is a professional photographer and has done photo shoots for National Geographic magazine. There are also some international magazines in New Zealand, Australia, and Spain that have carried his photos.
Ssumier Pasricha has been associated with Jordan Tourism to showcase the tourist attractions in Jordan and a multi-media project – Agents of Ishq to raise awareness of homosexuality issues by making Pammi Aunty videos.
Awards & Honors
- In the year 2016, Ssumier won the Entertainer of the year – DissDash and Outlook Social Media Award for Humour King of the Year.
- In 2017, Pasricha received the Jordan Tourism Board Award, the Talentrack Award & the NBC Newsmakers Achievers Award for Best Actor Comedy, the Marketing Influencer of the Year Award by InkSpell, the Rajdhani Ratna Award for Best Actor, and the Icon of the year by India Today.
- In the same year, 2017, he got the Elite Magazine 25 of Delhi’s Most Influential Entrepreneurs and the Best Internet Sensation Award for Nickelodeon Ka Digital Star at Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- In 2017 itself, the House of Commons UK honoured him for his contribution to the Indian British Society & Culture.
- In 2018, Ssumier received the Person of the Year – Content Award at VDOnxt Awards, the DIGIXX Star Entertainer Award, and the IWM Digital Award for Best Comedian in a Web Series.
- Ssumier likes to Rajma Chawal, Thai Chicken Curry, Moong Dal Halwa, and Phirni.
- He prefers Mexican cuisine.
- Pasricha’s favourite drink is the Sangria Wine.
- Ssumier Pasricha admires chef Vikas Khanna.
- He likes to watch Dilip Kumar, Utpal Dutt, Johnny Walker, Russell Peters, Shahrukh Khan, Amol Palekar, Dharmendra, and Johnny Lever on the silver screen.
- Black and white are his favourite colours.
- Ssumier Pasricha’s list of favourite movies includes Seeta Aur Geeta (1972), Chupke Chupke (1975), Angoor (1982), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Devdas (2002), Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003), Chak De! India (2007), and 3 Idiots (2009).
- Ssumier does not smoke, although drinks alcohol.
- Ssumier’s hobbies are writing, travelling, photography, cooking, singing, and dancing.