Suchitra Pillai is an Indian model, actress, anchor, video jockey, singer, and a dubbing artist. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Roopa Kumar’ in the film, “The Valley.”
Suchitra Pillai was born on Thursday, 27 August 1970 (age 49 years; as in 2019) in Ernakulam, Kerala. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She did her schooling from Mumbai’s St. Joseph’s Convent High School. Suchitra was interested in theatre since her school days. After completing her schooling, Suchitra graduated in Electronic Engineering. When Suchitra was 17 years old, she received her first modelling assignment. She did a few modelling projects while she was still in college. Thereafter, she went to London and did a course in TV studio production.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Suchitra Pillai’s mother’s name is Nicky Pillai. Not much is not about her father. She has one younger sister.
Suchitra got married to Pawan Malik on 25 March 1991. The couple got divorced in June 1998. Suchitra again found love in a Danish man, Lars Kjeldsen (an engineer). The couple tied the knot on 20 May 2005. Together, they have a daughter, Annika.
Suchitra Pillai started her acting career in 1993 with the French film, “Le prix d’une femme.” Next, she appeared in the English film, “Guru in Seven.” She, then, returned to India and started working as a video jockey. Next, she made her Hindi film debut with the film “Everybody Says I’m Fine.” Subsequently, she featured in Bollywood films like “Bas Itna Sa Khwaab Hai,” “Dil Chahta Hai,” “Page 3,” “Pyaar Ke Side Effects,” “Fitoor,” and “The valley.”
She has even worked in many TV serials, like “Hip Hip Hurray,” “Pradhan Mantri (Zee),” “Beintehaa,” and “Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman.”
Suchitra has also worked as a voice-over artist in many Hindi versions of English films, like “Live Free or Die Hard,” “Beowulf,” and “The Dark Knight.”
- Suchitra enjoys singing, riding bikes, and doing theatre.
- Suchitra follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Suchi.
- Suchitra has a good command over Hindi, French, and Malayalam languages.
- Pillai featured on the cover of the “Better Homes and Gardens” Magazine in July 2015.
- She is an avid dog lover and shares her pictures with dogs on her Instagram account.
- Suchitra met her husband Lars Kjeldsen for the first time at a common friend’s house.