Sunny Kaushal is an Indian actor and assistant director. He is the younger brother of the popular Bollywood actor, Vicky Kaushal.
Sunny Kaushal was born on Thursday, 28 September 1989 (age 31 years; as in 2020), in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Libra. After completing his school, he pursued the Chartered Accountancy Course, but later, he left the course in between to pursue his career in acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He was born in a Punjabi family. His grandparents were from Hoshiarpur, Punjab. His father’s name is Sham Kaushal who is a Bollywood action director, and his mother’s name is Veena Kaushal. The Bollywood actor, Vicky Kaushal is his elder brother.
He is in a rumoured relationship with the actress Sharvari Wagh.
He started his career as a theatre artist along with the actor Makarand Deshpande. Sunny started his career in Bollywood as an assistant director with the film ‘My Friend Pinto’ (2011). In 2016, he debuted as an actor with the Bollywood film ‘Sunshine Music Tours and Travels Sunburn.’
In 2018, Sunny played the role of Himmat Singh in the Akshay Kumar starrer Bollywood film ‘Gold.’
He acted in short films like ‘Love at First Sight’ (2017) and ‘The Embrace’ (2019).
He appeared in many Hindi web-series including ‘Official Chukyagiri’ (2016), ‘Official CEOgiri’ (2018), and ‘The Forgotten Army – Azaadi Ke Liye’ (2020).
In 2020, he acted in a few Bollywood films like ‘Bhangra Paa Le,’ ‘Hurdang,’ and ‘Shiddat.’
- Song: “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran
- Book(s): Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, and Naoko by Keigo Higashino
- His father, Sham Kaushal came to Mumbai in 1978, and after years of struggle and hard work, he became a reputed action director in Bollywood.
- Sunny was born and raised at Malad in Mumbai, and at that time, his father used to work as a stuntman. In an interview, Sunny said,
We used to stay in a 10/10 chawl in Malad. We studied in an ordinary school. We used to travel by bus till we finished college. My mother (Veena Kaushal) has made huge efforts to keep the family together. She’s the normal quotient in our home.
- Sunny and Vicky have been a big fan of Hrithik Roshan, since their childhood.
- Sunny’s favourite subject in school was History, and he always aspired to become an archaeologist.
- He learned acting skills from the famous ‘Barry John Acting Studio’ in New Delhi.
- His father wanted him to make his own name in Bollywood and told Sunny not to use his name or Vicky’s name to get the role in films.
- Before making his Bollywood debut, he auditioned for almost five years but failed to get any relevant role in films.
- He came into the limelight with the role of Himmat Singh in the Bollywood film ‘Gold.’
- In an interview when he was asked how he felt on being recognised as Vicky’s brother, he replied,
One should have a very strong urge to create their own identity in society. It doesn’t emerge from the fact that I am called Vicky’s brother. It’s a proud thing for me because this shows how well Vicky has made his mark. But I do have a strong urge to be my own person irrespective of that. It is something you should always have no matter who you are or which field you are in.”
- He loves music, and he is good at playing ‘Djembe’ a musical instrument.
- He loves buying stylish shoes and has a huge collection of it.
- He is an avid cat lover.
- In an interview, when he was asked if he had a crush on any of his brother’s girlfriend, he said,
Yes, but before I knew that she was his girlfriend. Mujhe baad mein pata chala ki woh log date kar rahe hai. (I came to know later that they were dating.)”
- His hobbies include travelling, swimming, reading, playing squash, and gymming.