Sunny is an Indian singer, who participated in “Indian Idol 11” in 2020. On 23 February 2020, he won the title of Indian Idol 11.
Sunny was born in the year 1998 (age 21 years; as in 2019) in Amarpura Basti, Bathinda, Punjab. He is fond of singing since his childhood. He did his schooling from Bathinda’s Govt. Senior Secondary School. While in school, he actively participated in cultural and annual functions. Sunny dropped out of school after completing his 6th standard and started performing at various events and functions in his locality and nearby villages. After observing his passion for singing, his father gifted him a Harmonium and a Tabla.
His father passed away in 2014 due to prolonged illness. After his father’s demise, Sunny took the responsibilities of his family and started working as a boot polisher.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to Sansi Community. His father, Manak Ram, was a singer and shoeshiner. His mother, Soma, is a balloon seller. He has one brother and three sisters, Rekha, Sakhina, and Maya.
Sunny started his singing career in 2014 with the song “Akhiyan De Buhe,” which was released by TMC Punjabi. In the same year, he participated in Sony TV’s show “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.”
In 2019, he appeared as a contestant in one of India’s most popular singing reality show “Indian Idol season 11.” In the show, he earned laurels from the judges for singing Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s song “Afreen Afreen.”
He was announced the winner of Indian Idol 11 on 23 February 2020. He won a trophy along with the prize money of Rs. 25 lakh, a car, and a singing contract with T-Series.
- TV Show: Mausiqui Ek Khoj
- His hobbies include travelling and playing Harmonium, Dholak, and Tabla.
- Sunny has shared the stage with many well-known singers like Hansraj Hans, Master Salim, and Lakhbir Singh Lakkha in his young age.
- His friend, Deepak Malik, also appeared in “Indian Idol Season 11.” Together they have performed on various stage shows.
- His friends and family fondly call him Laddu.
- He earned the moniker of ‘Sunny Hindustani’ in Indian Idol 11.