Vardhan Puri is an Indian actor. He is the paternal grandson of the veteran Bollywood actor, Amrish Puri. In 2019, he made his Bollywood debut with the “Paagal” opposite Shivaleeka Oberoi. He has also been actively involved in the theatre.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Vardhan Puri was born on 2 May 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. He is the grandson of veteran actor Amrish Puri. Vardhan completed her schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. He obtained a degree in Business Management from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. In 2019, he made his Bollywood debut with “Paagal” opposite Shivaleeka Oberoi. The movie, a musical romantic thriller, was produced by Jayantilal Gada.
Prior to making his acting debut, Vardhan was a theatre artist. He has acted in over ninety plays. He started receiving training in theatre and acting at the age of five under the National Award-winning actor-filmmaker-writer Satyadev Dubey. Satyadev Dubey was Amrish Puri’s mentor as well. He has also been trained by Athar Nawaz, Neeraj Kabi, Vidur Chaturvedi, Mujeeb Khan, and Faezeh Jalali.
Puri got his first theatre role when he was a teenager. Before making his theatre debut, he used to work backstage and did small tasks, served tea to the cast & crew, and cleaned the stage.
Puri has also worked as an assistant director. He assisted director Habib Faisal on movies “Daawat-e-Ishq” and “Ishaqzaade” and also Maneesh Sharma on the film “Shudh Desi Romance.”
- Height (approx): 5′ 10″
- Body Measurements (approx): Chest: 40”, Waist 30”, Biceps 14”
Family, Religion & Girlfriend
Vardhan Puri was born in a Hindu Family to Rajeev Amrish Puri and Meena Puri.
He has a sister- Sachi Puri, who is a dermatologist.
Veteran actor Amrish Puri is his grandfather.
- Directors: Shyam Benegal, Govind Nihalani
- Films: The Godfather, The Shawshank Redemption
- He considers Charlie Chaplin as his greatest influence.
- Vardhan Puri’s hobbies include writing and watching movies.
- Vardhan Puri considers his grandfather, Amrish Puri, next to God for him. He was very close to both his grandparents and used to sleep between them when he was a child.
- He dedicated his debut film “Paagal” to his late grandfather.
- “Virasat,” “Ghatak,” “Mr. India,” and “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” are his all-time favourite movies of his grandfather.
- On the occasion of Amrish Puri’s 87th birth anniversary, Vardhan shared an emotional note on his social media accounts.
- Vardhan and his grandfather used to watch movies of Dilip Kumar, Al Pacino, and Robert De Niro till 3 AM in the morning.
- When he was a kid, he used to wear his grandfather’s wig and size-12 shoes; and speak the lines of the dialogues from his grandfather’s films.