Vicky Kaushal is a Bollywood actor who is popularly known for his role as Deepak Kumar in the film Masaan (2015). Check out Vicky Kaushal Wiki, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Vicky was born on 16 May 1988 in Malad, Mumbai, India. When he was a kid, he was very much interested in studying, watching films, and playing cricket. Since childhood, he wanted to be an actor; although he thought that people might poke fun of him if he told them that he wanted to be a hero. He took part in various stage competitions since childhood. He never thought of becoming an actor until college days. During his college’s second year, he went to a company for an industrial visit when he decided that he would not be able to do an 8-hour job by sitting in front of PCs. He then started accompanying his father on the sets. He has great acting skills and got recognition after the film Masaan (2015) released in which he played the main role of Deepak Kumar, opposite Sanjay Mishra & Richa Chadda.
He is a tall and handsome hunk who is approximately 6′ 3” tall and weighs around 80 kg. He has a chest to be around 40 Inches, waist 34 Inches, and biceps 14 Inches. He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He was born in a middle-class Brahmin family to Bollywood & Hollywood action director Shyam Kaushal and homemaker Veena Kaushal. When he was born, his father was a stuntman. His younger brother Sunny Kaushal is an assistant director. He traces his roots back to Punjab.
As per the media reports, he is dating actress Harleen Sethi. They first met through a common friend Anand Tiwari.
Vicky did his schooling at Sheth Chunilal Damodardas Barfivala High School, Mumbai and did bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai. While he was in school, he used to participate in skits, dramas, fancy dress, and dance competitions. After graduation, he got selected for the Telecommunication Engineer job but he refused to pursue his career in acting. He then joined the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai to learn acting. Here’s a video from his Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute days in which he played a negative role.
He assisted the famous director Anurag Kashyap in his film Gangs of Wasseypur (2012). He was also the part of theatre groups of Naseeruddin Shah and Manav Kaul. He got his first break as an actor in 2012 in the film Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, in which he played the small role of young Omi.
In 2013, director Vasan Bala gave him the lead role of Geek in his short film Geek Out. In 2015, Vicky got the main role of a Banaras boy Deepak Kumar in Neeraj Ghaywan’s directorial film Masaan. He received positive reviews from the critics for his performance in that film and won several awards for Best Male Debut such as Zee Cine Award, Screen Award, International Indian Film Academy Award, and FOI Online Awards India. He also acted in some other hit films in which he played the lead roles like Zubaan (2016), Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016), etc.
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Directors: Rajkumar Hirani and Anurag Kashyap
- Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Destination: Burano Island in Italy
- Vicky is a non-vegetarian and drinks alcohol.
- Once Katrina Kaif said that she and Vicky would look great together.
- Shah Rukh Khan appreciated his acting and even called him after he saw Vicky’s web series “Lust Stories.” Vicky Kaushal was so elated that he could sleep the whole night after Khan’s call.
- Once when he was a child, his belt had nearly come off at a school function and his pants were about to fall.
- He is quite impressed with Ranbir Kapoor‘s chilled-out attitude.
- In an interview, he said that he would love to start the rumour that he was the new Dharma kid. Dharma Productions is Karan Johar’s production house.
- Kaushal said that had he been the choice, he would have given a better performance in “Bhavesh Joshi Superhero.”
- The first thing that he notices in a woman is how generous her smile is.
- Kaushal revealed that he had never had any drink; it was only during Neeraj Ghaywan’s film that he was “sloshed.”
- He is very close to his mother. Whenever he’s on a vacation, the first thing that he does in the morning is to call his mother and tell her how his previous day had gone and what will he eat the present day.
- Kaushal is scared of horror films. He mentioned that he cannot watch horror films even in the daytime or when all the lights are turned on.
- He is bad at flirting. Even if a guy is flirting with him, he is usually unable to pick the hints. Once a girl flew from another city just to spend a night with Vicky after the party, and he ended going out with a girl from the same party.
- He has a Mercedes Benz GLC SUV car.
- Vicky Kaushal is a dog lover and has a dog named Shifu.
- In 2019, he received the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in the film ‘Uri.’
- On 14 August 2020, he shared a photo on Instagram with a post in which he cherished the memories of working behind the camera during the shoot of the film, Gangs of Wasseypur.
- In his leisure time, he loves to play the Veena.